turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Athens bow

Started by VAHUNTER, January 08, 2012, 10:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

i will be making a switch from Parker to Athens this Feb.
i had a great season with my Parker this season. taking 4 deer and a bear.i can not say one bad thing about Parker bows. but i will be shooting as a Athens staff shooter this year.Athens has not been out very long.i think around 4 years.but they are taking the archery industery by storm!!
they are producing some of the finest bows available.extremely smooth draw,great valley and a rock solid back wall.
Athens do all of there dipping and string building in house!!!
you can order your bow in just about any finish out there. you can also oeder your strings in many different colors.
If you have the opportunity to shoot a Athens bow please do. you will not be sorry
Good things come to those who wait

Crappiepro

I got to shoot the accompliace this past fall! Yeah, They truly are a sweet bow. I was planning on getting one. I think the bow I looked at was $990 bare.
Was that a good price? We just got a dealer in our area and he is the only one around selling them.
I was gonna make the switch from a Parker bow too and decided to hold off.

ohiomossyoak

Quote from: Crappiepro on January 09, 2012, 08:19:57 PM
I got to shoot the accompliace this past fall! Yeah, They truly are a sweet bow. I was planning on getting one. I think the bow I looked at was $990 bare.
Was that a good price? We just got a dealer in our area and he is the only one around selling them.
I was gonna make the switch from a Parker bow too and decided to hold off.

That sounds a bit steep...I cant give a exact price but I would imagine 750 to 850$ is the normal new...Keep in mind Athens now gives even used bow owners a warranty..You could find a used one for alot cheaper I think..I shoot a Elite Z28  but the athens bows are not bad at all
"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

Crappiepro

I thought so too! Its the only dealer around and his shop is new so I had nothing to compare prices too. I'd really like to move into an Athens if the price was right.

C J Stahly

If it was an accomplice it wasn't that much.  800 is even a little high for them brand new. 

They are a very quality product and wallet friendly. 

I have two accomplices and have owned lots of other bows before, during, and since owning the athens....but they are the only ones that have kept their place in my cases

VAHUNTER

that does seem a little steep. the Afflixtion has a MSRP of $799.00

ohiomossyoak

Honestly if it was me I would pick up a used Athens if its the accomp 32 or 34 your wanting..Still get the warranty..
"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)

J Gilbert

Athens makes some fine bows, I would definitely consider them if I wasn't shooting Obsessions

VAHUNTER

I bought the 2012 Athens Recluse. this bow is amazing!! i am also shooting for Athens now in there staff program.

VAHUNTER

my 2012 Athens Recluse

Athens new TRCS tourqe reducing cable system
keeps everything in a perfect line. makes this bow very forgiving and easy to tune!!

50yd. group

drenalinld

Do they offer longer draw lengths like 31" - 32"? I also prefer longer ata of 35" or more.

ohiomossyoak

VAHUNTER

Quote from: drenalinld on March 21, 2012, 07:40:46 AM
Do they offer longer draw lengths like 31" - 32"? I also prefer longer ata of 35" or more.
they have a few different modles to choose from. the Afflixtion has a 35" ATA.
Athens still has a couple new offerings for 2012 that they have not released yet.

www.athensarchery.com