OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10 ga Magnum-Blend has arrived!!!

Started by gobble157, January 06, 2012, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

If the Magnum Blends shot slightly lower numbers , I would still  buy up some magnum blends , If they shot significantly lower in performance 250-280  , I wouldn't buy any ...cause  a person can just about do that consistently with a very well set up 3.5 12 gauge - and save the hassle and $ of shooting a 10

last time I bought a box of Nitros ended up being over $180 with the shipping, the price was so prohibitive that I shot only 2 rounds to pattern them on a zeroed in gun and called it a day  - I get 340 with the 7x5x2 nitro triplex with a 720 Rhino and 380 with a strait #7 out of a Rhino 685 -

Apples to oranges - I would have to compare pellet size in both loads to evaluate how effective these compare -From what I have seen they shoot well so far in every offering ,and are more readily available in more locations than the Nitros

I will buy 1  --- 5 count  box initially - I own  4 good chokes for my sp10 and will run a round thru each of them-685&720rhino's/puregold690/jellyhead695   , and a second round through the best shooter to make sure it wasn't a fluke -Ill shoot on a piece of plywood to judge power or get a chronograph- then reach a conclusion on the shell - 1 round may sound cheap , but you know what that's all the chances you get at a gobbler - if it cant throw a good pattern every time I shoot , whats the use -

If they shoot well I will buy up a good stockpile to last years , cause to be honest I don't see any 10 gauge  developments on the horizon  - If I dont buy up some good ammo while available then its my own fault a couple of years from now when I dont have any

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

gobble157

I think once other places such as Mack's prairie and cheaper than dirt gets them in stock you will see cheaper prices. At this point I'll only continue to use my Nitro 4x5x7 shells out of my Browning Gold.
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

Mike Honcho

I've looked two or three times at the Hevi Shot website yesterday and I still haven't found the New for 2012 Product Infromation that was posted here.  I even went in to Internet Options on my PC and deleted cookies etc. etc.

Has anyone else had this problem????  The site I am seeing still has the New for 2011 Info up.

gobble157

Quote from: Mike Honcho on January 12, 2012, 08:45:15 AM
I've looked two or three times at the Hevi Shot website yesterday and I still haven't found the New for 2012 Product Infromation that was posted here.  I even went in to Internet Options on my PC and deleted cookies etc. etc.

Has anyone else had this problem????  The site I am seeing still has the New for 2011 Info up.

It was a PDF file they have on their site. You will have to wait months possibly before they change their site. That's how they are :)

Great products....just slow on the website stuff

Devastator

thank the good lord that the 1300 fps fed 7's shoot great out of my gun.prolly be shooting the win.hv 6's yet if they still made them.

woodchip

I was at a larger local sporting goods store yesterday and they actually had the 10ga magblends on the shelf.  They were $34.99 but that's a little better because there's no shipping.

gobble157

Dog gone it! I wish they had them nearby!

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: woodchip on January 17, 2012, 06:27:43 PM
I was at a larger local sporting goods store yesterday and they actually had the 10ga magblends on the shelf.  They were $34.99 but that's a little better because there's no shipping.
For 5 shells! No thanks I'll stick to my Win. HV and Fed. HE lead loads. These companies selling HTL loads are getting ridiculous with those prices.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

ken613

Anyone found any more online sources with them in stock?

4nolz2

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 07, 2012, 10:06:32 AM
If the Magnum Blends shot slightly lower numbers , I would still  buy up some magnum blends , If they shot significantly lower in performance 250-280  , I wouldn't buy any ...cause  a person can just about do that consistently with a very well set up 3.5 12 gauge - and save the hassle and $ of shooting a 10

last time I bought a box of Nitros ended up being over $180 with the shipping, the price was so prohibitive that I shot only 2 rounds to pattern them on a zeroed in gun and called it a day  - I get 340 with the 7x5x2 nitro triplex with a 720 Rhino and 380 with a strait #7 out of a Rhino 685 -

Apples to oranges - I would have to compare pellet size in both loads to evaluate how effective these compare -From what I have seen they shoot well so far in every offering ,and are more readily available in more locations than the Nitros

I will buy 1  --- 5 count  box initially - I own  4 good chokes for my sp10 and will run a round thru each of them-685&720rhino's/puregold690/jellyhead695   , and a second round through the best shooter to make sure it wasn't a fluke -Ill shoot on a piece of plywood to judge power or get a chronograph- then reach a conclusion on the shell - 1 round may sound cheap , but you know what that's all the chances you get at a gobbler - if it cant throw a good pattern every time I shoot , whats the use -

If they shoot well I will buy up a good stockpile to last years , cause to be honest I don't see any 10 gauge  developments on the horizon  - If I dont buy up some good ammo while available then its my own fault a couple of years from now when I dont have any

My plan exactly with the same gun too.I ordered these last week and will report.

gobbler74

This pic were taken back in October. Weather wasnt the greatest but I still shot a few.

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

4nolz2

could you explain-does that imply the gun shoots 10" low at 40 yards? If so then you have to compensate?

Hognutz

Knowing Jim as I do, he is sghted in with Nitro's. They shoot to a higher POI because of they are loaded to the max. The Mag Blends will shoot lower because they are not maxed out. If he were to shoot the Mag Blends, he will re-sight in his Red Dot..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

4nolz2

thanks-good info there.I am also using nitros.I dont use a scope however.I was notified my blends were shipped so hopefully I can play with them soon.

4nolz2

I got my shells and hope to shoot this weekend. :z-guntootsmiley: