OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning Gold 10 Suggestions

Started by pcf, January 27, 2012, 12:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcf

Just got a Browning Gold 10 in a trade, and thought I would make a turkey gun out of it. It has a 26" barrel.  I have always used a 12 or 20 for turkeys.  Any suggestions as to which choke and shells might work best would be appreciated.

runngun

I have the same gun (got it last year) and it has a Kicks choke in it, not sure of the diameter and I shoot Nitro's out of it. It patterns awesome. Old Gobbler is the 10 gauge guru and will hopefully chime in. I am want to get a new choke but I am not sure which one I will go with yet. Either a Indian Creek, Pure Gold or Rhino. The Gold tens are sure enough big boom sticks. No kick either more like a "push".

Good Luck and God Bless
             Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

John Y

I got one last year also. I use a Rino .720 choke with Nitro blends. It patterns very well and got 4 last year with it.  I think your going to really enjoy that gun.  God Bless.

gobbler74

If you are a straight 7 shooter try the rhino .685, if you prefer 6's or mag blends or nitro triplex try the pure gold .690, Indian Creek .690 in the 24" nwtf model, 26" barrel standard gold Indian creek .710
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

pcf

Thanks for the help.  It gives me a starting point.