OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Alps Turkey Chair vs. Cabela's Lounger  (Read 16068 times)

Offline GunRunner

Alps Turkey Chair vs. Cabela's Lounger
« on: January 02, 2012, 06:17:53 PM »
One of my buddies introduced me to the Alps Turkey Chair.  Getting old enough that I am interested in a little more comfort in the turkey woods.  I have also recently found the Cabela's Turkey Lounger Chair.  Just wondering if any of you have used either chair and what you think of them.  Not sure about hauling them around while running and gunning.

Thanks in advance

Offline Gamblinman

• Double Beard
  • Major Flagelator
    • Georgia Deer Cam
Re: Alps Turkey Chair vs. Cabela's Lounger
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »

They are both excellent. What I like about the Alps are the legs run all the way across, unlike the lounger which has independent feet. Those feet will sink into the soft ground easier.

What I think has them both beat is this one:

It is completely adustable for leg and back angle, and can allow for the angle of the ground. I weigh 310 lbs and this one has stood up to three years of heavy hunting and abuse. They are called the San Angelo Everest Recliner, and are available at several sporting goods stores.

Gman
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:16:03 PM by Gamblinman »
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 06:55:11 PM »
I have sat in both.  I have a Gobbler Lounger.  I find it more comfortable.
225 lb weight rating FYI, in case you're a big ol' boy. :toothy12:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline CASH

• Legendary
  • Global Moderator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 06:57:05 PM »
I have only used the Gobbler Lounger.  I love it.  I would give up my left, ummm, big toe if I had to choose between losing it or my lounger.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 07:37:36 PM »
I use the Gobbler Lounger and love it
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Offline ctwny1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:15:38 PM »
I have the Cabela's Turkey Lounger. Very comfortable seat and YES it's a bit bulky. My problem is that it's made in China. I feel we need to get back to Made In The USA and start pushing these companies to start getting things made here in the United States and put people back to work.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:17:14 PM by ctwny1 »

customgunsocks

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 05:55:36 AM »
The gobble Lounger and our Lounge sack is an unbeatable pair!

Offline Crutch

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Tennessee
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »
I suggested to a friends wife that she get him a gobbler lounger for Christmas, Cabelas was out of stock so she called Cabelas and was told that the mfg has stopped making the camo version and was not available. IDK if she mis understood or what the deal is but she ended up getting him and Alps. It looks like the alps has more features like a couple pockets not shown in the above pic that are under the front of the chair, (like between your knees), and a mesh pocket on the top back of the chair. I got one for Christmas also and can find nothing about it that I would change.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

Offline stinkpickle

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • "Milk was a bad choice!"
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 10:45:47 AM »
I see the NWTF is pimping its own version of the gobbler lounger...

http://www.outdoordealhound.com/p-4665-lowboy-hunting-chair-wnwtf-logo.aspx

Offline CASH

• Legendary
  • Global Moderator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 10:49:27 AM »
I see the NWTF is pimping its own version of the gobbler lounger...

http://www.outdoordealhound.com/p-4665-lowboy-hunting-chair-wnwtf-logo.aspx

Wonder if they got licensing permission from Cabelas for that chair
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Offline sugarray

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »
Here's the chat I just had with a rep at Cabela's.

Joseph: Hi, my name is Joseph. How may I help you?

Raymond Leonard: I am looking to get a couple of more gobbler loungers, but they are not listed on the website any more.  Did you stop making/carrying them?

Joseph: Do you have an item number or an order number that the item is on?

Raymond Leonard: I do not.  I have 2 and they are great.  Wanted to get a couple of more b/c my daughter is starting to hunt and now I need 3 chairs.  Always nice to have a back up too.

Raymond Leonard: IK-517165

Joseph: We apologize, but the item has been sold out for the season with no tentative arrival date as to when the item will be back in stock.  Would you like me to transfer you to a product associate to see if we can locate a comparable item?

Raymond Leonard: No, just would like to know when they will be back in stock.  The earliest season opens 1st week of March I believe, so hopefully they will be ready in the next month.

Joseph: We apologize, but when an item is sold out for the season, we do not have any information as to when the item will come back in stock.

Raymond Leonard: Thanks for your time

So, I don't know what will happen.  I should have bought 2 more when they were $13

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »
Ameristep if you cant find the gobbler lounger..everybody putting their own spin on it.

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Offline timbrhuntr

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »
I bought 4 0f them last year when they were on sale and gave one to a buddy. I might just have to ask for it back  :-\  ;D