OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 2/17/2011

Started by Roostem33, February 16, 2011, 08:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. (1 Peter 5:10)

We need to realize that even though God did not initiate our trouble, He can still use it to work something good in us. What the devil means for evil, God can turn into something good.
Even though the devil's purpose is to destroy us, if we will respond correctly, God can work good things. Notice the verse says after you have suffered a short season, God will perfect. It brings maturity to us.

While we might hate it, how we respond in times of trial makes us who we areā€”and it fits us to accomplish God's will. I hate some of the things I have gone through! But you know what? I would not be who I am had I not experienced those things. It has fitted me to do the will of God.
And while it may not seem like it, our present difficulty may be instrumental in our future success.

God Bless and have a wonderful day!!!
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

S.C.C

Duke0002

Right on, Jody.  What good father doesn't "hone" his children?

BOFF

Thank you Jody!!!

The Lord still has his hands upon us, and is able to mold us to better men and women regardless of the situations we are currently facing.  :jesus-cross:

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer