only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many hunting spots?

Started by ThicketThrasher, February 06, 2011, 07:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mason0366

3 private and a bunch of public land.

HOOKS1

No private areas but about 50 spots on public lands. I live in central Louisiana with access to the Kisatchie National Forest, Fort Polk and Peason Ridge. Several good areas only 15 min. from my home.     

hobbes

Here in CO, I have thousands of acres of NF available to me, tough to narrow that down to a number of "spots".  So far I've hunted about 6 areas here, but even those can't be narrowed down to what I would consider a "spot".  The area I spent most of my time in last year will continue to be my go to area unless the number of birds or number of hunters changes.

Back home in IL, I have 5 or 6 private spots that I check regularly because they hold birds, but could bail out onto some other farms if a bird showed up there.  All of those spots have other local boys on them, so my rights aren't exclusive, and they aren't huge tracts of land.  Then I have the Shawnee NF which covers 280,000 acres, although I'm limited to the county my tag is drawn for.  Usually that is Pope and it probably has 1/3 of that within its boundaries.  I've been, at a minimum, through most of the areas, but my hunting is usually done in the southern region of it and I couldn't begin to narrow that to a "spot".  I'll hunt anywhere within its boundaries that I hear a turkey sound off weather I've been there before or not.

If you live anywhere near a national forest, and you claim to have only one spot..........your missing out on a lot of opportunity.

Skeeterbait

Lost access to a couple so right now one primary that may see timber cutters this spring and three other fall backs that could produce. 

headbanger

2 private spots and a couple more I am working into an "in" with and more public land than I can hunt

shootumindaface

cahaba

Two private, one national forest and two WMAs totaling around 200k acres. The national forest is 144k.

st4wheel

3 all private plus wherever my buddy brian takes me!! :you_rock:
LIMBHANGER

northms

Couple of private places and there's plenty of public land in MS even though I don't use it.