OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many hunting spots?

Started by ThicketThrasher, February 06, 2011, 07:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossy835

So far one area in Eastern WA with 6 or 8 lease properties that are private. Too wet and crowded over here in SW WA kind of like a pheasant drive shoulder to shoulder hence the long drive. Just starting so it will increase I am sure.

Basser69

Only one property (club) with about 3500 acres. Mostly deer hunters in it but a few turkey hunters as well. Most are gone after the first weekend or two.

jbrown

turkey slayer

4 or 5 private places(all of which are small places), and 1 public

letinmfly

Half a dozen private places and 1000's of acres of state land.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

neal

I have about 10,000 acres of private land to hunt so.... lots of spots!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

TANK

2 tracts of private land, 3 hunting leases, 1 National Forest, & 1 Wildlife Managment Area.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!!

you can never have enough.

YELPA

Locally, 1 timber co. lease, 1 large block of public land and misc. invites.

Tail Feathers

5000 acres of hunting lease.
Only three of four spots hold birds tho.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ElkTurkMan

I've got one lease that I am in, and I have a ton of state & federal ground to hunt.  In fact I have three spots in particular that are on the state ground, and they are jam up.

hoyt

Behind my house butts up to Shawnee National Forest in Southern Illinois  and across the road is a friends big chunk of private land he raises cattle on..mostly pasture and it butts up to Shawnee. So just in walking distance from my house I have more places to hunt that I can.

camp man

I have three leases in Florida that total 4500 acres. I have a couple of different management areas within an hour drive. I have 1500 acres of leased land in Ga. and another 300 acres of leased land in Al.

savduck

270,000 acres of public land with in 30 minutes of my house on two public land spots. Another 17k hour up the road. Two small private land spots late season if I have tags left.
Georgia Boy

Muskie03

Last time I counted acres I had a touch more than 5,000 in private farms in MN. That was 3 years ago. Now I'd guess about 6,500-7,000. I become friends with more and more farmers every year. It's not that hard when your always ready to catch calves, move cattle, or pick rock outta a field.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.