Started by ThicketThrasher, February 06, 2011, 07:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crutch

6 private farms.

2 are ultra hot, 3 are worth the trouble
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

dirtnap

I have 3 places on private that I hunt regularly.  Its a little over 6000 acres altogether.  I hunt alot of WMA also.

maustypsu

3 or 4 plus some permit draw opportunities.

Bamastrutter

I have about 8 private spots all within 45 minutes of my house.

wareagle99

In 3 different leases(over 10,000 acres combined), probably 4-6 other private farms, and 1 public spot I try to hit every year...always lookin for more and it gets better every year.....

Old Gobbler

I would say there is 20-30 individual small spots I monitor , a good area will have 5-6 spots that will hold gobblers. bigger areas have more spots - I have to cover large areas to monitor all of them ,  area knowledge and conditions plays a big factor.

As the season draws near I start to scout down areas , and round it down to a few - The best spots are not always the ones with the most gobblers , rather the areas that are most remote where there is zero hunter interference -I Avoid other hunters like the plague   
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

turkey_slayer

5 public land spots. Possibly 6. Found one spot this fall that had a lot of turkeys but will go listen and see if they are still around the last week of march.

Jay

I have a lot of Public in Iowa, but only 2-3 I'd hunt. Down to 1 Private spot in Iowa. Kansas have 2 large Publics, and 1 small Public that have a good amount of Turkey.

njdevilsb

We have 1 for sure private piece of land.  We had 3 before, but have lost 2 of them over the last few years.  There's a few spots we have been told we could hunt, but not too much has come out of it yet.

1iagobblergetter

3 awesome private farms!!!!! Come on April!!!!!! :fud: :newmascot:

misfire

Private land, I now have 4. And one WMA
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

alloutdoors

At least 5 different properties that I can just show up and hunt, more if I made a few calls.  My two best are good enough that I haven't really hunted anywhere else in the last 5 years though.

BigMick

ghillie

I have six main spots that I hunt nearby...all with in 30 min of home
I also have three spots that are near the Missouri border that I can hunt as well..and another near 800 acres on the east side of the state

There are a few areas that I have scouted when I've been flying..which is kinda cool...we will be on a flight and if I see birds on the ground...I quickly look at the GSP and write down the coodinates and take note of the closet town...I then go back later and try to find the landowner and see if he will let me hunt...It works pretty well and I've only had two people say no...only because they are a huntin it...pretty neat way to cover a lot of ground...plus I can look at the terraine and draws from above :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

PANYHunter

I have 8 private land spots.  Most are good and its usually a toss up between where i go each morning.  I want to try to get on some public land this year.