turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many hunting spots?

Started by ThicketThrasher, February 06, 2011, 07:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThicketThrasher

How many hunting spots due you have? Not how many states are you gonna hunt in, but rather how many different places in your area do you hunt. Some guys have 1, some have a bunch. I have about 8 places that I am likely to hunt this season, 4 on private land and 4 on public. I will also explore some, and probably spend 2 or 3 days in brand new territory. How bout you guys?

jakesdad

Probably around 5,maybe a few more

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

guesswho

Two public land spots and three or four private.  Trouble with the private is their small tracts.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

chrisun

John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

ThicketThrasher

Quote from: guesswho on February 06, 2011, 08:03:23 PM
Two public land spots and three or four private.  Trouble with the private is their small tracts.
My private land is also small tracts. That is one of the good things about public land-there is usually a lot of it.

Kylongspur88

4 regular spots mix between public and private, but I always like to explore new spots in national forest/public land. Great thing about public land is the amount of land you have access to.

unclerick

5 private spots that are about 2100 acres total, and a bunch of public land
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

n2deer

Only one for private land of my own, several with friends. I also have several on public land.

frank1969

5 total all with locked gates the best one winds up a mountain for a mile turkey paridice

mnturkey

One real large Public spot in MN it covers quite a few square miles, and that place has a whole lot of spots, I usually go to 4 or 5 during the 5 days.
In WI I have 6 or 7 spots all public.
SEMPER FI

OLE RASPY

I have 6 maybe 7 private land. Some are better than others.

3.5inchpainfulldeath

I have 2 personal properties, 13 private properties, and 3 I can only hunt when VAHUNTER  is gracious enough to take me along, walk me to death, and then make me carry his bird 2 miles back to the truck..... :whip2: :whip2: :whip2: :lol:

OLE RASPY

Quote from: 3.5inchpainfulldeath on February 06, 2011, 08:55:07 PM
I have 2 personal properties, 13 private properties, and 3 I can only hunt when VAHUNTER  is gracious enough to take me along, walk me to death, and then make me carry his bird 2 miles back to the truck..... :whip2: :whip2: :whip2: :lol:
Thats what buddys are for :TooFunny:

DMP

3 private places equaling 2500 acres and 6 different public places I hit some during the week.

sodfather

1 public, 1 private. You guys can make it one more if you invite me.