turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trigger Pull

Started by matchbook454, February 06, 2011, 07:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matchbook454

Has anyone or des anyone know if you can adjust the trigger pull on a Mossberg 835?  Does anyone know if you can swap out the older style trigger assemblies for the new Lightning Trigger assemblies?  Just curious?  Thinking about tinkering with my gun.

devin4484

yes you can swap them out just call mossberg up.  And ya it can be polished down and adjusted to a sweet 3.5lb pull if you know a good gun smith.

matchbook454

Awesome!  Thanks deven!  Depending on how much the LPA costs, I'll probably go that route.

allaboutshooting

I have noticed a great improvement in Mossberg triggers. My 935 and my new 20 gauge 500 as well as my 930 have really excellent triggers.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Bigeclipse

Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 06, 2011, 10:09:24 PM
I have noticed a great improvement in Mossberg triggers. My 935 and my new 20 gauge 500 as well as my 930 have really excellent triggers.

Thanks,
Clark

From what I read the current triggers are still 8–10lb triggers unless you get the adjustable one. If you go on mossberg website they only make one model mossberg 835 which comes with the adjustable trigger...the 835 turkey/deer combo rifle. I was leaning mossberg but for this one reason now I'm back to leaning Remington 870. You can buy a spring kit for the mossberg non adjustable triggers which will bring them down to about 4.75lbs...still too high in my opinion. Every deer rifle I owns wears a 2.5lb trigger...even in bitter cold with gloves I find this to be the weight I like for my rifles so for me I want a shotgun to have at least a sub 4lb trigger

USMC0331

MCARBO makes a spring kit for them. I believe it's 3 or 3.5 lb pull once put in.

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: USMC0331 on January 07, 2018, 07:14:06 PM
MCARBO makes a spring kit for them. I believe it's 3 or 3.5 lb pull once put in.

I contacted MCARBO about a trigger spring kit for the 935 back in June. Chris said they were considering one for the 930/935 series since they had several inquiries about them. I see they are now available. I'm ordering one. It should lower my 61/2 lb. pull to around 4 lbs.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Tennessee Lead

I like my MCARBO kit in my 835

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC0331

Hope it works for you. I'm trying to get them to do one for my BPS 20 gauge. They were great for my 870, my son's Mossberg 20, and a friends 835.