OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 10 ga mag blends and IC  (Read 24332 times)

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
10 ga mag blends and IC
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:50:08 AM »
Going to try that combo Fri. The weather is supposed to be warm enough. Choke is a .690, Gun will be a browning bps.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Offline LBSS

Re: 10 ga mag blends and IC
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »
What all chokes do you gave to pattern with this load?

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 02:11:04 PM »
What all chokes do you gave to pattern with this load?

A few. First, a PG .690. I shot it awhile back with the MB's. Patterned good. I have a Rhino .685 and .720 too but my experience with those are they really dont work well with EM shells. Nitro on the other hannd shoot great in them. I've got high hopes for the IC. 
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Offline LBSS

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 02:32:08 PM »
Have you thought about trying maybe a trulock,carlsons,briley, colonial , and others.  I have 4a chokes fir my bps

A briley LM,  wadwizard supreme, trulock precision hunter.680 and on order a custom Wilson precision .7000 . I wanted something inbetween the 720s and 680s.  Only choke I couldn't get to pattern good was the wad wizard

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 04:44:10 PM »
What shot size and load weight? I didnt think colonial would guarantee their chokes with htl? In most cases it works fine as with hastings.

Offline LBSS

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »
Didnt know hastings was still in business?

Offline eight bore

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »
Looking forward to the results, wonder if buffer makes the difference between Nitro and EM
performance in different chokes ?   When i can get the mag blends, I want to run them through a
Terror choke in 705 and 720.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 09:06:53 AM »
Didnt know hastings was still in business?
HTL works well with their chokes even though they werent hevi approved. Kinda like a lot of the chokes out there. Kicks chokes for example. Fine choke works well with lead and htl. Owner has some problem with htl and wont say his chokes are approved for it.  Colonial chokes on the other hand are made about 20 miles from where Im sitting now. There is a contracted fab shop that cuts most of those.  The fab shop owner said he'd shoot whatever was made for the gun through them.     
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:11:57 AM by gobbler74 »

Offline woodchip

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 09:06:02 PM »
Did you get to try this combo?

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 09:47:05 PM »
OK,
Finally got time to set down and figure up the patterns from the IC .690, mag blends and Nitro 6x7's. Fridays weather was kind of nasty with temps at 40-45

Offline LBSS

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 10:13:06 PM »
Yeah I the mag blends will fly off the shelf in 10 ga hell there also easier to get from a larger company than a company who is by phone only orders. Wish I had some to test in the. 680 and. 7000.

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 11:01:44 PM »
Yeah I the mag blends will fly off the shelf in 10 ga hell there also easier to get from a larger company than a company who is by phone only orders. Wish I had some to test in the. 680 and. 7000.

Heck yeah and less pixie dust in the blends...8-10 pellets aint worth twice the money..Thats just my opinion. Oddly enough since em made the mags and 7's..Nitro gets orders out much faster now.. My last order in the spring shipped the next day..Nitro is a kick A shell but its all in choice, opinion and service... I need to see how well the blends cycle in my auto...the 10's can be tricky.. I do know the 210b's are slick as long as they dont run out of rem hulls. We had some trouble out of the fed hulls in the b's a couple years ago. If magblends cycle I wont have that problem anymore.

Offline woodchip

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 01:24:50 AM »
Alright, glad to see it done so well.  I can't wait until they are on the shelf!

Offline Hognutz

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Life Member N.R.A. Global Flatulator
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 09:28:13 AM »
Nice patterns, Jim. What is the payload of the Mag-Blends? 2 3/8oz or 2 1/2oz. Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 10:49:14 AM »
2-3/8 on the blends..I told you my thoughts on the h210 b weight...they look awful close ;)