OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

cake walk hunt

Started by muddy, October 13, 2011, 08:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddy

So today I'm racing towards a location where I figured I could get a crack at either a turkey or a deer.  As I blew by a farm I could hunt I noticed this gobbler standing out in the middle of the field enjoying the windy day.  A quick plan formed, I went to the other side of the farm and parked and pulled the Boomstick out of the case for it's 2nd hunt.  A very quick 5 minutes later and I had the bird at 65 yards staring at me so I lined up the bead and dropped him.  I'm serious, Hevi Shot is amazing, he didn't even twitch.  Not sure how heavy he is and I think he's molting out as his fan is goofy and inside his cape there were large black bumps on every single feather base.  Weird.  Oh well.  He had a nice beard and fantastic hooks.

This was the first shell fired thru my new Super Black Eagle 2.  Hevi Shot, 3.5 inch #6 shot at 65 yards, amazing stuff.

First turkey I've shot with a gun since the late 90's I think and quite possibly the quickest turkey hunt I've ever had.

Enjoy the pics because that was one FUN hunt!

muddy

I'm an idiot, of all the pictures I uploaded I did the one with my eyes shut.  Oh well.

vaturkey

Congrats on a nice gobbler !! Beautiful children you have there !!  :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

muddy

Quote from: vaturkey on October 13, 2011, 09:29:57 PM
Congrats on a nice gobbler !! Beautiful children you have there !!  :icon_thumright:

Thanks.  They were pretty excited and got mad when I said the turkey couldn't come into the house and play because it was with Jesus.  Kids crack me up.

870BkWht

Nice bird, and it sounds like it was a nice shot too.  Im sure the kids were happy to see you come home with something.  Mine get dissapointed when I come home empty handed.  Thanks for sharing.

dirt road ninja

Wow. Thats long ways to shoot with a scatter gun. Nice bird.

Fracas714

Great bird with a great shot!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

TRKYHTR

Nice gobbler, cute kids.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

muddy

Quote from: JohnDoe on October 18, 2011, 09:06:13 AM
First shell fired. No shots to pattern or confirm POA/POI?

Nope, I just let it eat.  There were over 20 pellets in the upper neck and head.  Hindsight being 20/20 I will admit that it was unwise to shoot at game before paper.  He loves my freezer though.