OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning 10 Ga. Gold

Started by John Y, February 16, 2011, 09:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Y

I am new to Old Gobbler and really enjoy the devotionals but I have a question.  I just purchased a new Browning Gold NWTF 10 Ga. Auto and Rino .720 choke for it.  I also bought some Nitro H210 shells.  Does anyone have any experience with this combo, also what kind of pattern I can expect. 

paladin

As far as 10 gauge goes ..not a lot of info.
Most never go beyond 12 gauge 3.5"
Most that do shoot 10 shoot the pumps or singles.
Of those in the autos the SP 10 is more popular and I don't know why....maybe cost.
I get good patterns with my single in .720 and got a good pattern in my BPS with a cheap .690 hastings choke.
Nef picked the .720 as its facotory choke.
"have gun-will travel"

John Y

Thanks, I wanted something different and had read that the 10 should pattern better with the larger dia. bore.  have you found this to be true?

frank1969

john y  i shoot a sp10 with a bryner choke shot only lead but it patterns great at 40 with win xx mag #5

gobbler74

Quote from: John Y on February 16, 2011, 09:31:39 AM
I am new to Old Gobbler and really enjoy the devotionals but I have a question.  I just purchased a new Browning Gold NWTF 10 Ga. Auto and Rino .720 choke for it.  I also bought some Nitro H210 shells.  Does anyone have any experience with this combo, also what kind of pattern I can expect. 

Hold on to your hat because that gun is gonna smoke some turkeys..That combo you picked is smoking from the get go...We shoot the .685, .720 in Rhino and .690 in Pure Gold...All three are great performers in that gun..esp with those shells..did you go triplex on your load?
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

John Y

Thanks for all the replies.  Yes I got the 4x5x7s, I hope I picked the right ones.  Should I gotten a different load.  Thanks in advance and again thanks for the replies.

paladin

The only shot I have counted was 281 pellets in a 10" at 40 yards with a Hastings .690 choke.
That was handload #8 TSS with 629 pellets.  I got another 243 in the 20".
"have gun-will travel"

gobbler74

Quote from: John Y on February 20, 2011, 12:15:56 PM
Thanks for all the replies.  Yes I got the 4x5x7s, I hope I picked the right ones.  Should I gotten a different load.  Thanks in advance and again thanks for the replies.

Not hijacking a thread or changing the subject .......I will say say that's a fine shell and you have no worries in that one..I shoot H210 B's in 7'S but I don't discriminate. The triplex will shoot great in both the  PG.690 and Rhino .720 
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

John Y

What is the difference in H210 and H210B

SKFOOTER

The H210B is loaded specifically for the Browning 10 gauge, thus the letter "B".

gobbler74

Quote from: John Y on March 09, 2011, 03:19:47 PM
Like mentioned made for the gold and after much quizzing on the shell to Nitro last year I couldnt get a clear answer..true to point .its their recipe and they dont want to give it away which is understandable..just putting a "b" on the end of a shell doesnt make it different.. The b's have rem hulls and the reg 210's use federal hulls. At least this much is known. I havent gone as far as measuring power, pellets..or even inspecting powder to see if it's the same type..I suspect powder and component changes have have happened in the last year or 2. Older Nitro shooters may have noticed pattern changes. I am not seeing the same dense patterns in shells that were  produced 4 years ago even though they are still an awesome shell..most evident is the 20 ga..on my pattern boards. Back to the 10... I do prefer the 210 b's over the 210 even though I shoot a bps.. try them on the pattern boards and you will notice less hits in the b shell but a denser core whereas the 210 shells cover more area in a spread out pattern..makes you wonder when both shells are recorded as 2.5 oz but I believe less pellets are in the b's sacrificing for added powder for the auto action of the gold.. The 210 and 210 b are a visually different animal on the pattern board.          

John Y

Thanks for all the info Gobbler74. You Guys are a wealth of info.  I guess I should have bought the H210 Bs but the store here only had the H210s.  How di you think they will work?

SKFOOTER

Maybe Letha with Nitro will chime in on this??? :you_rock:

lethan65717

Quote from: John Y on March 09, 2011, 03:19:47 PM

The H210 and H210B are totally different loads.  There are some of the older Browning Gold guns that are a little finicky and we might suggest the H210B.  The first choice for the Browning Gold would be H20213 and then the H210B if the other does not work for your gun.

SKFOOTER

Thanks, Letha.  Could you explain why the #H210B #7's have a denser core pattern than the #H210 #7s???