OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

$1.00 a bd ft - how much would you buy?

Started by lightsoutcalls, February 15, 2011, 10:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I went by a sawmill about 45 minutes from my house today on the way home from work.  I had bought air dried walnut and cherry from him in the past and thought I would see what he had on hand.  He primarily cuts red cedar, but had quite a few red and white oak logs laying around.  Upon inquiry, he told me he had a good bit of cherry and pecan that has been cut for about a year and stacked in his pole barn.  The price hasn't gone up in 3 years... $1 a board foot!  His stack of cherry was about 4' wide and 5' high of 8' long boards from 6" wide to about 9" wide.  The stack of pecan was about 4' wide and 9' high with boards 8' long and from 6" wide to about 14" wide.  We're hoping to do some remodeling soon, to include kitchen cabinets.  I have always loved pecan for cabinetwork.  The piece in the picture below is exceptionally clear.  I picked up 4 boards of cherry and one board of pecan for a grand total of $22!  I have enough cherry to make probably about 60 calls in these boards.  WOOHOO!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Roostem33

Great find wendell, I know we will see something good come out of that!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

edjenkins

You gotta love that!  Now, tear it up Wendell!

Basser69

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

MarkJM

;D  Great find wendell! I have some cherry laying up in my grandpas attic. He has al sorts of cherry and walnut he gave me. He cut it about 10 years ago :you_rock:
MuellerCustomCalls

eemer

Awesome find, Wendell!

Get back and get whatever you plan for your cabinets and get them before any prices change.  Too Good a Price to Pass Up!
Vermont Tom-Taker Turkey Calls!

selinoid44

Thats a steal for sure. I guarentee around here you will pay at least 2.50 a board foot and more.

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

triune

Wendell, I'd buy until it hurt and then just a few more!
Kenny

Trophy_Taker

I agree with the rest of the guys. Buy as much as the Little Misses will allow.  You know it wont go to waste.  Plus you could always do some trading with others. :icon_thumright:

Matt...

joshua

Can't wait to see some calls from this wood.   :icon_thumright:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.