OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

bps barrel at Magna-port

Started by Miburmanelly, February 06, 2011, 07:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miburmanelly

I am having the BPS 10 barrel ported, and forcing cone lengthened and polished, can't wait til it comes back !!
This is the first barrel i have had ported with them. I have used their services for other items...like brakes on rifles and pistol work.
Ken is doing the standard 6/5 on each side, plus an additional 3 on each side(his personnal recommendation), plus the forcing cone work.
As you might be aware, Ken's father Larry...the founder and innovator of EdM porting, passed away in December. If given a chance...drop Ken a email along with condolences. A professional company along with very, very professional work.

Hognutz

Why the porting job? Do you feel it will reduce the recoil significantly enough to be worth the effort? I have heard some reports on this, and from what I understand, the ports on a shotgun are not nearly as effective on a shotgun because of the slow speed of the shot, vs. a much faster bullet on a rifle. Let me know what you have heard..Thanks, Mike :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

BigPeck215

i have heard that porting in a shotgun barrel helps to slow the wad and separate it from the shot leading to better patterns much like the wad catcher rings in a Indian creek choke do

Hognutz

So it is not a recoil issue at all, but a pattern issue. Interesting.. I am thinking about a 10 ga., myself. Don't need one, but I believe that I have to have one. We'll see how it shakes out..Thanks for the info Big Peck..Mike :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Miburmanelly

I got the barrel back today, looks sharp, and I've screwed an Indian Creek in it,   cant wait to shoot it, oh wait.... yes i can,    just remembered...still awaiting shells from Nitro!!!