OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: REMINGTON 887 PUMP  (Read 4229 times)

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
REMINGTON 887 PUMP
« on: August 29, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone has any reviews on this gun. I was just on the Remington site and it is one sweet looking gun.

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
Re: REMINGTON 887 PUMP
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 08:36:56 PM »
One word...GARBAGE.  What you didn't see were all of the horrible, scathing reviews that remturd got.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline OLE RASPY

• Paintbrush Beard
  • KENTUCKY
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 09:12:14 PM »
I had one and it was junk.It shot a foot low at 40 and remington wouldnt do nothing bout it.Looks good though.But looks dont kill.Take it from me they are junk.Few buddys bought them to and the same happenend to them They are

JUNK

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:32:11 PM »
WOW. I didnt expect that. But I will have to take you guys word on it. Thanks for saving some time and $$. Sure does look nice though.

Offline OLE RASPY

• Paintbrush Beard
  • KENTUCKY
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 10:14:13 PM »
If your gonna go with remington get the 870 or 1187.

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 06:31:25 AM »
I know I have two 870 and there great. I guess that's why I assumed that this 887 would be great gun. The way the Remington site sells it it sounds better than the 870. Go figure.

bird

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:43:06 AM »
They're probably trying to get rid of the stock that they have on hand.  I can't imagine that they are still in production.

Offline spurman

• In Memorial
  • Double Beard
  • LM NRA. DAV, KYANG
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 08:49:37 AM »
The guys are right, I would not buy a 887.  I have delt with 2 of them. Point of aim and point of of impact was way off like a foot or more at 30-40 yards. Action was very rough and shells would stick in the chamber and the finish wasn't all  that good. This gun is no where nearas good as the old 870's, which I think was one of the best pumps ever made. JMO
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 09:07:32 AM »
Go screwing with a good thing like the 870 its gonna bite em in the rear. whomever is running the marketing campaign over there for shotguns must have a part time job with Peta. The first step they took to losing face is dropping the sps-t line and making that 887. I wont buy any more new remington shotguns. I love my older ones and will hang onto those and pick up a few more.   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Offline decoykrvr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 04:43:49 PM »
Run a "search" on  "Remington 887" .  I don't think I've heard anything good about the shotgun from anyone who has had any experience with the firearm except the reviews in the "glossies" who advertise Remington products.

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 08:20:48 PM »
Remington {and others} has been under pressure from Nova sales for quite some time - the 887 looks to be Remington's answer to that market share that would like look at the Super Nova - Remington has a good thing going on with the 870 , perhaps the firearms equivalent of the Ford Model T -

I think looking at that they would have been best suited making  a refined and more modernized version of the 870 making good use of polymer's and CNC , with backwards compatible component s - like the stock, barrel, and trigger assembly that could be swapped from both models - that way they could tap into the vast aftermarket potential that the 870 has
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline OLE RASPY

• Paintbrush Beard
  • KENTUCKY
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 08:26:58 PM »
The over all looks and the feel of the 887 is wonderful.I liked that part of it.It was a sharp looking gun with that armour they put on it but performance isnt there.

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 09:04:22 PM »
Man those were some bad ratings that gun got - the one that scarred me was the guy snipe hunting with the gun going off by itself - whoa! never knew about that
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline OLE RASPY

• Paintbrush Beard
  • KENTUCKY
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »
Man those were some bad ratings that gun got - the one that scarred me was the guy snipe hunting with the gun going off by itself - whoa! never knew about that
Wow didnt know that either till i read the reviews.THATS STRONG. :o

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 12:58:03 PM »
The over all looks and the feel of the 887 is wonderful.I liked that part of it.It was a sharp looking gun with that armour they put on it but performance isnt there.
A sheep in wolfs clothing.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"