OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Tired of fletching arrows - I'm trying FOBs. Check them out. With pic.

Started by drenalinld, August 22, 2011, 09:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

I have shot Blazers for several years, but get tired of scraping off the arrow wrap and old vanes when I tear one. I have been reading about these FOBs for a while and decided to give them a try. So far, I love them. I shot one group of four arrows at f 40 yards and two of the last three arrows went through the FOB on the first arrow I shot. Accuracy is good. They fly like bullets. If I mess one up it can be changed in a couple seconds.

[attachment deleted by admin]

lightsoutcalls

I look forward to hearing how they do on a pass through.  They look very interesting.  My concern was with how you would find your arrow after a pass through.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

savduck

Those look awesome. Back about 25 years ago a NASA pilot came to our school and showed us how to make a paper airplane based off of a design for their space shuttle. It looks just like those.

You know, I can still make that plane....and it flys better than any other paper airplane I can make.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on August 23, 2011, 11:49:38 AM
I look forward to hearing how they do on a pass through.  They look very interesting.  My concern was with how you would find your arrow after a pass through.

I put the mostly white wrap on the arrows to make them easier to find. I also painted the back end of the shaft white to maybe stand out a little more than the dark shaft would. I've lost them in the last few years with lumenoks and decided I would not spend that money anymore.

savedbygrace

I tried them but they just didn't group as well for me as did my Fusions. I will probably try them out anyway, but they consistantly shot 2-3" low for me from 20 yards out. I made sure clearance was ok and even talked to Paul about my issues but I'm not changing my nocking point. Right now, with my fusions and with blazers, my fp's and any broadhead I shoot impact the same from 20 yards to 60 yards so I'm changing anything for now. One thing for sure, Paul is a great guy to deal with and has great customer service. That's one of the main reasons I'm still gonna give them a try when season comes in.

BOFF

I don't see them working too well with traditional bows.  :toothy12:

God Bless,
David B.

drenalinld

LX_Trkyhntr

Quote from: savduck on August 23, 2011, 11:56:58 AM
Those look awesome. Back about 25 years ago a NASA pilot came to our school and showed us how to make a paper airplane based off of a design for their space shuttle. It looks just like those.

You know, I can still make that plane....and it flys better than any other paper airplane I can make.

If I'm not mistaken the guy that designed the FOB's was actually an engineer for aerospace technology.

drenalinld how are they shooting for you?  I've never shot them but have ben curious as well.

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

LX_Trkyhntr

The one thing I did like about the FOB's is that when you get a pass through, the fob will be laying on the ground at the point of impact giving you a quick reference point as you start to look for the bloodtrail.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

BOFF

drenalinld

They are flying shooting them great! 3" - 4" groups at 60 yards. Unfortunately, I have yet to try them on game. Two small children are really taking a toll on my hunting time, but that's ok. They will be hunting with me in a few seasons. Should get to camp and hunt 4 or 5 days with black powder season with my three brothers. I'm getting excited. I will leave the ML at home and carry the Mathews! :you_rock: