OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Poll

If you hunt Fall Turkeys, do you

Hunt in your home state?
Travel to the nearest state with a fall season?

Author Topic: How Many Fall Turkey Hunters  (Read 22847 times)

Offline fallhnt

• Double Beard
  • "So easy a gun hunter can do it"
Re: How Many Fall Turkey Hunters
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
Redrivergar,Congrats on the bow kill.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Offline captin_hook

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 12:16:19 AM »
Love busting those fall flocks and calling em back in. Plus no bugs and open woods is nice too!

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2012, 05:45:27 PM »
Love busting those fall flocks and calling em back in. Plus no bugs and open woods is nice too!
I will second that!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline glenhunter

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 02:07:41 AM »
Only shotgun for me and I love the fall season! :z-guntootsmiley:

gh

Offline land cruiser

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Re: How Many Fall Turkey Hunters
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »
Fall hunter here. Shotgun. Is it fall yet???!::)

Offline boatpaddle

• Longbeard
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 04:19:23 PM »
I enjoy fall turkey hunting......

I look forward to being in the woods hunting during the change of late summer to fall. The rutting bucks chasing does, the bear foraging before hibernation, the smell of the fall woods, and finding those elusive fall flocks of gobblers in the beautiful mountains of PA..... :newmascot:

Dog hunting in the fall  is an absolute blast.....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Offline DaveFroggin

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 09:42:04 PM »
This will be my first time hunting turkey in the fall and im quite excited. I cant wait to get out in the woods again.

Offline cluck

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »
Spring time with dogwoods in bloom and turkey gobbling up on Buford mountain in a glade. Spent all my time from about ten years old to age sixtyfour chasing only the big toms even in the fall. Everyone of them different. No two hunts alike. Here in missouri we have a two bird limt and the entire month of october to getem.

Offline willy8457

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
I've hunted fall turkeys all my life, and now that i do it with a dog it brings a whole new aspect to the hunt. Being out in the woods on a brisk morning when the leaves are changing, the buck are in rut, and the bears are out feeding . Hearing all the fall turkey talk, watching my dog work on cool mornings, i'm amazed how much ground he can cover. I used to take long naps under a big oak tree in the sun, but Cutter don't let me do that any more, you know what they say Boykin Spaniels are always ready for the next hunt.

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 10:59:12 PM »
Fall turkey hunting has a much longer tradition in Pennsylvania than the spring season and I am part of it. Fall hunting here can be great. I use a Ithaca(Tikka) LSA 55 Turkey Gun for the majority of my fall hunting. It's a over/under 222 Rem. -12 ga. I have taken birds with both the rifle and shotgun barrel.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline fsu33952

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2013, 06:51:14 AM »
OK guys, They have passed a regulation here in Alabama to do away with fall season this coming fall. The committee that decided this gave no prior notice before voting. They have given no reason to do so. It was reported in the news that the decision had more to do with deer hunters that only hunt in the spring wanting to save "their" turkeys from fall hunters. We are allowed 5 gobblers here regardless of which season you kill them in, so this decision has no efffect on population. You can sign this petition regardless of what state you live in. Please help show for the fall hunting tradition. Maybe someday you will want to come and hunt turkeys during the fall here in Alabama. We need as many signatures as possible. Thanks

http://www.change.org/petitions/hon-n-gunter-guy-ala-dept-of-conservation-and-natural-resources-restore-fall-turkey-season-in-six-alabama-counties

Offline va wingbone

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2013, 04:14:29 PM »
shotgun hunt with dogs, but haveand take em with bow while deer hunting
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2013, 08:58:08 AM »
Love the fall hunt, now that I have a dog it is even more fun!  Still in the training process, he is a choclate lab and quite energetic but goes ape%$#! for the wing when I break it out and now that he is a little over a year old I am noticing him getting even birdier.  He did however chase a fawn yesterday evening thru our neighbors yard so that is something we will have to work on, don't need him running deer.

Offline eddie234

• Longbeard
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2013, 11:26:42 AM »
Our fall season here in wv is only a week long, unless i take some vac days i really don't get to do any fall hunting. :'(

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Offline bowmike

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »
will be using bow for the first part of the season as I will be deer hunting. if buck tag is filled shotgun will be used.