OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Diaphram Calls / Kids

Started by C_W, February 15, 2011, 01:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_W

I have been trying to help my little guy out with the use of a mouth call. He's finally got the hang of making the right notes and starting to put them together to sound something like a turkey. He's 7 and has been practicing at it for a few weeks. Now tonight his little sister was begging to give it a try.  So I thought what the heck and I helped her get it in the right spot. Within seconds she was getting crude clucks, and after a few minutes she began to catch on with the yelps.  I struggled for a long time just to be able to keep these dang things in my mouth, but over the years I've practiced enough to get it to sound like a turkey.  I feel pretty humbled when after 15 minutes a four year old girl can sound better than I did my first time in the woods. How come kids can pick stuff up so fast, and guys like me struggled?   

CW

shootumindaface

Quote from: C_W on February 15, 2011, 01:45:49 AM
I have been trying to help my little guy out with the use of a mouth call. He's finally got the hang of making the right notes and starting to put them together to sound something like a turkey. He's 7 and has been practicing at it for a few weeks. Now tonight his little sister was begging to give it a try.  So I thought what the heck and I helped her get it in the right spot. Within seconds she was getting crude clucks, and after a few minutes she began to catch on with the yelps.  I struggled for a long time just to be able to keep these dang things in my mouth, but over the years I've practiced enough to get it to sound like a turkey.  I feel pretty humbled when after 15 minutes a four year old girl can sound better than I did my first time in the woods. How come kids can pick stuff up so fast, and guys like me struggled?   

CW
Thats very cool, glad to hear that..

TRKYHTR

I consistently have more kids and women pick up mouth calling faster than men. Most of the time we are too stubborn to listen and learn. Maybe they will take you hunting this year. lol

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck