turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Corian

Started by misfire, July 25, 2011, 01:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

I HAD a friend, may have to disown him after Saturday :TooFunny:. He said he was going to pick up some corian for me to make him a few calls out of. The goober brought me 60 pieces that will make around 3-400 calls. I have never used the stuff. What speed are you guys turning it on and what is the best adhesive to laminate this stuff together?
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Footballer

Sweet! Post of pic of a black aluminum call if you make one...

misfire

Quote from: Footballer on July 25, 2011, 04:40:11 PM
Sweet! Post of pic of a black aluminum call if you make one...

This stuff is gonna make some really nice calls once I figure it out. Black anodized aluminum would look fantastic!!! Thanks for the idea.

www.misfiregamecalls.net

savduck

Lee, most of the countertop guys that have done Corian for me use a form of two part epoxy.

Dont use it all for pots....it makes a great sound board under crystal also
Georgia Boy

misfire

Quote from: savduck on July 25, 2011, 06:25:16 PM
Lee, most of the countertop guys that have done Corian for me use a form of two part epoxy.

Dont use it all for pots....it makes a great sound board under crystal also

Good golly Del, I got so much of it I am going to be making some cutting boards and other stuff with it. Good idea on the soundboard

www.misfiregamecalls.net

savduck

Turn some strikers with it too.........alll weather strikers.

The call im talking about is a crystal in walnut pot, with the corian sound board. Its BAD to the bone.

Georgia Boy

misfire

Quote from: savduck on July 25, 2011, 08:01:10 PM
Turn some strikers with it too.........alll weather strikers.

The call im talking about is a crystal in walnut pot, with the corian sound board. Its BAD to the bone.

I make a waterproof striker now, but the corian is great too. I did a little trading with Harold Fowler this past weekend, got one of his strikers with a corian tip and the other with bone.

www.misfiregamecalls.net

savduck

Got a few of his bone and fossil strikers myself. I ran into Mr. Harold in Perry. So glad to see him doing well, He was in a bad way with the cancer for a while. Next time you see him....hit him up for an Apitung striker for glass and crystal.

I think his stuff will be collectable one day.

You turn a few of those Corian strikers let me know......better yet.....CORIAN WOODIES
Georgia Boy

misfire

Del,
I am not kidding when I say that I have so much corian, I may start making box calls, woodie calls, forks, spoons and a lot of other things.
As for Harold, he goes back to the doctor tomorrow or Wed, the cancer has returned. I have 5-6 of his strikers now. Couldnt ask for a finer man

www.misfiregamecalls.net

savduck

Time for a corian misfire owl hooter and crow call.

I hate to hear that about Harold. He is a hoot to be around. Ive had the honor of shaking his hand 14 of the last 15 years in Perry, and chat with him everytime. I hope he whips it again.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

I'm waiting on the pics. Duck calls, crow calls, pot calls, strikers, corian tipped wood strikers. I need em.

misfire

Just glued up the pot call blanks today. Going to let them cure for 24hrs and then turn em. Going to take more time to glue up the duck calls though. Will post pics when I get them done

www.misfiregamecalls.net

drenalinld

Its BAD to the bone.

That thing is Wicked, for sure!

rtsj

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!! I Want one of everything!!! :z-guntootsmiley:

drenalinld

Quote from: rtsj on July 26, 2011, 05:43:20 PM
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!! I Want one of everything!!! :z-guntootsmiley:

ditto