turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

test 1187 with lengthened forcing cone

Started by SumToy, July 17, 2011, 12:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

Ok we have talked about lengthening the forcing cone with Heavy loads.  I had a 1187 that came in that we cut off to 26 and choked it then length the forcing cone.   We test fire it a few times today in some fare weather.   

One was 3-2-7's and it put 284.

One was what they said was a 3-2-7 but it looks like 6's to me.  It was 220.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

SumToy

The other one

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

TnTurk

WOW!!   284 with 3-2-7's is some fantastic numbers.  What was the e.d. on the choke you were using out of that 1187?

rtsj

William:   Mark should be happy with that!!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

redarrow

fountain

Here is a pic of the larger holes against the light.  When I pulled the paper on this one I knee something was up..but didn't think a shell could be mislabeled this bad.  I know these holes are larger than 7s..the next shot ..284..proves it.  The Sumtoy chokes are smoking with the hevi 13 loads and we shot some very impressive patterns yesterday from black cloud steel shot all the way to turkey loads.

Grunt-N-Gobble

:happy0064: :you_rock:

Thats great!!!!  Very happy with the numbers and it looks pretty even to me.

FYI.......to the other members..........Thats my barrel William is shooting.

William----- Check your PM's.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!