turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Aluminum over Ceramic

Started by Footballer, July 19, 2011, 11:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

Can anyone make this combo in a cherry pot? I have an aluminum over slate in a cherry pot and it sounds great, but I like ceramic a little bit better.

swampgobbler

i may be wrong, but i can't think of any suppliers that offer ceramic in the size needed for a soundboard. 

TRKYHTR

Sure it can be done. You just have to cut the ceramic down to your soundboard size.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Quote from: TRKYHTR on July 19, 2011, 02:32:30 PM
Sure it can be done. You just have to cut the ceramic down to your soundboard size.

TRKYHTR

Grinding wheel baby    :happy0064:
Georgia Boy

West Augusta

Wear a good dust mask, that ceramic can't be good to breath.

For a sound board under aluminum I would go with glass. It would be cheaper and you probably wouldn't hear the difference.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Footballer

This would be a double-sided pot call. I like the aluminum for volume and the ceramic for sweet talkin.

Footballer

On second thought, I'm ganna try ceramic over aluminum in a double-sided bubinga pot. I'm interested to see how this one will sound...

West Augusta

Quote from: Footballer on July 20, 2011, 12:14:04 PM
This would be a double-sided pot call. I like the aluminum for volume and the ceramic for sweet talkin.

That would be a good combo.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.