OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Knight and Hale Ol Yeller Sla-tek

Started by Camden_Hogg, April 18, 2024, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camden_Hogg

Im looking the Knight and Hale Ol Yeller Sla-tek call with the original striker. Prefer new or slightly used.

Camden_Hogg

I haven't been able to find any on eBay

Tnandy

There was several on there earlier today. They are not in a walnut pot though. Not 100 % sure what you are looking for as far as the material goes. Type in Knight & Hale turkey calls

Camden_Hogg

mauser06

That call was unbelievable.  After several seasons mine finally quit sounding good. I think I sanded too much of the surface down over the years.

Wish I knew what the surface was. I have several ceramic customs and they all seem much harder than the sla-tek.

That sla-tek seemed between red slate and ceramic to me.  You could sand it much easier than ceramic but not as easy as slate. 

Played super easy and was forgiving.  I find ceramic to glaze over and get slippery and it drives me nuts.  Love it when it runs right and I have a few real nice pots but they aren't my goto.

I found one in a wood pot and it just didn't have the same sound.

runngun

I only use alcohol wipes for ceramic calls. Same for any type of anodized aluminum calls. If you rough up anodized aluminum calls you are removing coating. Which is fine if that's your goal. It's just never made sense to me when I see calls with the coating removed. Why not start with a regular aluminum call.
Have a good one and May God bless y'all+++

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.