turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beretta AL 391 Urika Youth

Started by Tandin93, April 17, 2024, 12:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tandin93

Well, I just got around to getting this gun finished and patterned for this year! I appreciate all the help I received last year patterning the Mossberg SA-20 Turkey Tactical. It's an amazing shooter! But anyways, back to this year..

This Beretta is a gun that I have wanted to build into a turkey gun for a while, but just got the opportunity to finish it up. I had it Cerakoted in distressed bronze and left the wood furniture on it. I also had it drilled and tapped. I topped it off with a Burris FF4 on a Sumtoy mount.
I'm loving it so far!

I have found my load for this season, but I will probably tinker with it after season to find a little more open pattern with less fliers. I will post some of my patterns from this year below. Any suggestions are appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tandin93

TruLock .585
Apex Greenleaf Blend 9's/10's
396 in 10" ring
214 in 20" ring

This one was too tight for me. I know some like patterns this tight, but I need a little more forgiveness!

Tandin93

TruLock .585
Apex Turkey Ninja 8.5's
282 in 10" ring
182 in 20" ring

Great pattern for 8.5's, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

Tandin93

SumToy .562
Rogue 9's
347 in 10"
210 in 20"

Again, a little too hot of a core for me. This is a great load if you like that sort of thing!

Tandin93

Sumtoy .562
Apex Greenleaf Blend 9's/10's
305 in 10"
234 in 20"

This still isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but this will definitely work for this year!

Guskie

Very nice shotgun Tandin !

My wife's turkey shotgun is a 20 gauge 391 with 24" barrel and it is super nice. She had the stock custom fit for her and has a trulock 575 in it and shoots Apex #9s. I had her gun dipped in MO bottomland, but the applicator did a terrible job and much of it has come off after a couple years use. I need to get it cerakoted.

I also have a 20 gauge 26" 391 that is my primary dove / upland game gun.  Love the feel of them, but don't like cleaning them !

Tandin93

Quote from: Guskie on April 17, 2024, 05:20:56 PM
Very nice shotgun Tandin !

My wife's turkey shotgun is a 20 gauge 391 with 24" barrel and it is super nice. She had the stock custom fit for her and has a trulock 575 in it and shoots Apex #9s. I had her gun dipped in MO bottomland, but the applicator did a terrible job and much of it has come off after a couple years use. I need to get it cerakoted.

I also have a 20 gauge 26" 391 that is my primary dove / upland game gun.  Love the feel of them, but don't like cleaning them !
Thank you! That's a bummer about the dip! Preston Vanderford did the work on mine and did a great job!

I'll have to give the .575 a shot with mine. I'm really looking for a bit more even pattern. And yes, cleaning these guns is a bear. I really would like to pick up a full size 391 20 gauge for wing shooting.

Greg Massey

silvestris

As Slim Pickens said at the Fart-in "Blazing Saddles",I think you've had (done) enough.  Very good patterns.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

BandedSpur

Sharp looking gun. Never seen the distressed bronze before but I like it. Nice patterns too.

How much does that gun weigh?