turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

David Halloran 25th anniversary

Started by hunter85, April 16, 2024, 10:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter85

Today I received a set of 25th anniversary long box and checkered box calls my wife ordered me for my birthday. Let me start by saying these are the first of any of his calls I've owned, and color me impressed! As I've always tried to buy from local custom call makers for the calls I hunt. They are Beautiful and the holsters are something to look at too. I'm not a box call guy just never had one I liked the sound of while in my hands. I have bought a few yet never really carried any in the woods. But these are by far the best sounding boxes I've played. I know it will burn any kind of collector value these will hold but they will definitely see some time in the woods. The shear weight of them is impressive, they don't feel chintzy in the hand like they are going to crumble in your hands. To say I am very pleased with my birthday gift even if it is almost two months late and my turkey season being over.

Greg Massey

Congrats on a nice set of calls for a  birthday present

Spring Creek Calls

Your wife is a Saint! Post a picture if you can.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

hunter85

I've tried it won't let me says it is an incorrect domain or something. I have an iPhone and can't figure out how to get pictures to post.

cgarner1

Quote from: hunter85 on April 17, 2024, 08:16:26 AM
I've tried it won't let me says it is an incorrect domain or something. I have an iPhone and can't figure out how to get pictures to post.

The Tapatalk app is the best way to post pictures on here if using an iPhone. Congratulations on some fine calls!

hunter85

hunter85

Sir-diealot

Glad to see you got your pictures up, nice looking gear. Picked up two of his strikers after I saw this post and another on strikers, I love his one piece strikers.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

mikejd

Good stuff right there. Dave is a good dude to met him nashville last year. Good luck with calls.

fishr64

David makes some nice calls. Your wife hooked you up good for your birthday!

Tnandy

doublespurs21

$200 for the 25th ann . call if ordered from mr. halloran,

hunter85

Quote from: Tnandy on April 18, 2024, 05:55:32 PM
What was the price on them new??
sets are $450 but only making 25 and my set is number 24. It's $200 for the short box and holster.