OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEF 10 gauge setup

Started by mowens8386, April 14, 2024, 02:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mowens8386

So, I just picked up a NEF Bottom land single 10 gauge. I ordered an Indian Creek .690 and a RR Final Strut choke for it. Wondered if any of yall have used either one of these in this gun and how they performed?

deadbuck

What ammo are you going to try with it?

WildTigerTrout

Years ago I owned a matte black NEF 10 Ga. 24" barrel Turkey shotgun.  I only shot it with the standard turkey choke that came with the gun. It patterned very well with the old Federal "Premium" 3.5" 2 1/4 oz. of #6 shot.  I did not own very long as I invested in a Browning BPS 24" barrel "Stalker" in 10 Ga.  I either sold or traded the NEF.  Have fun with yours.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Tom007

Quote from: mowens8386 on April 14, 2024, 02:41:33 AM
So, I just picked up a NEF Bottom land single 10 gauge. I ordered an Indian Creek .690 and a RR Final Strut choke for it. Wondered if any of yall have used either one of these in this gun and how they performed?

Congrats on a great gun.....
"Solo hunter"

Brs2427

Get a box of the 3 ounce salt creek loads

mowens8386

I'll be running my own hand loads with TSS. Gun is already drilled and tapped so at some point I'll mount up a FF3 on it. I needed one really for testing purposes, as i have a few people that have wanted some 10 ga loads. I have been eye balling one of these for a while so went ahead and picked it up.

Tom007

Quote from: mowens8386 on April 16, 2024, 04:40:04 AM
I'll be running my own hand loads with TSS. Gun is already drilled and tapped so at some point I'll mount up a FF3 on it. I needed one really for testing purposes, as i have a few people that have wanted some 10 ga loads. I have been eye balling one of these for a while so went ahead and picked it up.

I sent you a PM.....look under your messages.....
"Solo hunter"

Ranger

"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

hunter85

Quote from: Ranger on April 16, 2024, 08:40:38 PM
Quote from: Brs2427 on April 15, 2024, 09:04:42 PM
Get a box of the 3 ounce salt creek loads
Mercy!
2 3/8 mag blends was enough for me to decide to leave the steel rod in the stock of mine I could not even begin to imagine the thump of a 3 oz load!

mowens8386

If any of you guys know where a fella can find some federal 10 gauge hulls, let me know. I'm gonna try out the 2.5 oz and maybe the 2.75 oz loads in it. May even try the 3 oz but we will see.

Tom007

Quote from: mowens8386 on April 16, 2024, 11:33:01 PM
If any of you guys know where a fella can find some federal 10 gauge hulls, let me know. I'm gonna try out the 2.5 oz and maybe the 2.75 oz loads in it. May even try the 3 oz but we will see.

Put a Limbsaver recoil pad on first thing, lord knows you'll need it!
"Solo hunter"