OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Weight considerations

Started by napier011, April 09, 2024, 04:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

napier011

I'm trying to find a few calls that's on the lighter side of the scale. I'm wanting to put together a second setup. Who makes some lighter weight calls rather that's the 3" pots or what pot materials and call surfaces do you all recommend?

BTH

Dawkins plastic pots. Crystal, stoned aluminum or slate. Blackstone made a crystal over wood soundboard a couple of years ago. Very light weight.
Phil 4:13

Tnandy

Always a winner, K&H Metal Yell, if you can find one. You won't even know that you are carrying it

Greg Massey

Roger Parks makes so awesome smaller pot calls ... His gobbler pot will do hen sounds along with gobbler yelps / jake yelps ... You get the best of 3 calls / sounds in one of his pot calls...

paboxcall

Quote from: napier011 on April 09, 2024, 04:10:48 PM
I'm trying to find a few calls that's on the lighter side of the scale. I'm wanting to put together a second setup. Who makes some lighter weight calls rather that's the 3" pots or what pot materials and call surfaces do you all recommend?

If you can find one, the old Quaker Boy aluminator with the black plastic pot fits that need perfectly.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Tnandy

Greg gave you good advice on that one. Park's call is a dandy