OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fluteing Jig

Started by Sanatorium, July 17, 2011, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanatorium

Well I had to do it. Show you all how I do some of my fancy cutting on the lathe. The jig you see below is the one I made. I orignally bought one from West Penn, it was made from wood and plastic and only fit bigger lathes. Not everyone has a large lathe or multiple ones either....
I made mine from aluminum plate that screws right onto the lathe bed with a pair of daisey knobbs and seat firmly against the head stock for anti rotation. The slide mount is made from aluminum ( part that holds router).
One thing different about mine is that is allows for small depth adjustments as well as course ones too. She works real nice and it may be something I might make and sell in the future one day. There is nothing wrong with the one I bought from the tool catalog, it does the job nicely, But I like the idea of being able to make small depth adjustments and also use it on my rikon lathe. That and I think mine is a little more well built and stronger....just my own thought. Let me know what you think.

Sanatorium

lightsoutcalls

Looks to be very well engineered.  Great job!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

spurman

Very nice, well done.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE