turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Overlooked

Started by napier011, April 05, 2024, 03:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

napier011

What are your alls recommendations on underrated and overlooked pot materials? Rather it be cheap or ridiculous or trash, what's your opinions?

BTH

Even though they are well known I would say the Dawkins plastic pot lineup in crystal, stoned aluminum or slate surfaces  Super ugly ;)  sound great and are deadly!
The older primos Battey slate and Ol Betsy slates are supposed to be very good. The HS double glass and K&H pocket
slate were the deal!
Alot of folks swear by the Carolina assassin crystal in a composite pot. The Blackstone weather proof pots sound very good to my ear as well. It is hard to beat a Corian pot by perfection calls, Fred Cox or Enticer calls. Very versatile!
Phil 4:13

Greg Massey

In the early years, my first production slate call was a Lohman Thunder dome slate call with a carbon striker and i have called and killed several gobblers with that Yohoo pop can bottom plastic pot call model # 1866.  I like it so well that i have 3 of them and one is still in the original packaging and is one of the early ones with no turkey inscribed on the bottom of the can. I have 2 without the turkey and one with the turkey on the bottom of the can ...

Joneshunter

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 11, 2024, 09:54:47 AM
In the early years, my first production slate call was a Lohman Thunder dome slate call with a carbon striker and i have called and killed several gobblers with that Yohoo pop can bottom plastic pot call model # 1866.  I like it so well that i have 3 of them and one is still in the original packaging and is one of the early ones with no turkey inscribed on the bottom of the can. I have 2 without the turkey and one with the turkey on the bottom of the can ...
I have a slate thunderdome as well because my cousin put me on the thunderdome because he kills all his birds with that thunderdome. I swear I feel like mine is one of the dullest sounding calls to my ears I have. I got mine used from eBay couple dings in the aluminum part on bottom maybe that's why it sounds different because it's a little beat up who knows