OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cody “The Green Machine” Bob Dixon pot

Started by Ridgerunner23, April 03, 2024, 09:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridgerunner23

Does anyone know what it may be worth? It's numbered 73 of 100. From my understanding 100 of the first Bob Dixon vest came setup with calls.

BennieGobbler

Send us a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Print by Madison, on Flickr

Ridgerunner23

How can I get a picture to post from a iPhone?

Tom007

The Green Machine Cody made for the Fox Vest sold directly from Cody for a very short time for $75.00. You can get one on EBay now for around $200.00 bucks. The Dixon Green Monster probably would get more due to its rarity........
"Solo hunter"

Ridgerunner23

I don't see any on ebay. That's the first place I checked. It's number 73 of 100 so I thought that's probably all they made of the Bob Dixon green machines.

WV Ridge Reaper

I didn't realize they numbered the first 100 fox calls..I have a fox cody,good sounding pot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridgerunner23

Pic as requested. Someone had roughed the surface up before me. Hope you guys can make it out.

Tom007

Quote from: Ridgerunner23 on April 03, 2024, 06:44:16 PM
I don't see any on ebay. That's the first place I checked. It's number 73 of 100 so I thought that's probably all they made of the Bob Dixon green machines.

I never saw a Dixon one, but I'll check for  a Fox.
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Ridgerunner23 on April 03, 2024, 06:44:16 PM

You are correct, there are no Fox Green Machines on EBay right now.
"Solo hunter"

fishr64

Quote from: Ridgerunner23 on April 03, 2024, 09:44:51 AM
Does anyone know what it may be worth? It's numbered 73 of 100. From my understanding 100 of the first Bob Dixon vest came setup with calls.
Is this the pot you're asking about?
(Hoping this works)

https://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=105902.0;attach=78239;image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridgerunner23

fishr64

I didn't know that Bob Dixon is the one to give the original Cody Envy glass call the Green Machine nickname. I recently read an article on Cody Calls that noted that. I always thought that it was the
Spec I glass. Apparently the early Envy calls also had the green under glass paint.
I have an Envy glass from the early production and it has the normal Cody sticker on the glass and the Envy name on the back of the call.

The above link to the photo was from an old thread on OG.

fishr64

Quote from: Ridgerunner23 on April 03, 2024, 08:56:22 PM
Yes it is.

I've never seen one of those for sale here or on eBay. Could have missed it though. That would be a cool piece to have without the Mr Fox image on it.

Ridgerunner23

Quote from: fishr64 on April 03, 2024, 09:06:05 PM
Quote from: Ridgerunner23 on April 03, 2024, 08:56:22 PM
Yes it is.

I've never seen one of those for sale here or on eBay. Could have missed it though. That would be a cool piece to have without the Mr Fox image on it.

I haven't ever seen another one for sale either. It's a neat piece I believe. Whoever has vest 73 would love to have it I'm sure.