OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

These Pots led to “Perfection” UPDATE

Started by Tom007, April 02, 2024, 08:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

I wanted to share a few pot calls from years ago. They are from a pretty well known call company from Stevenson, VA, Perfection Turkey Calls. One is the early Glass Call in a Plastic Pot. I see these come up from time to time for sale. Nice sounding call. Then there is the Original Screamin Demon with the Green Devil Logo. These are from the early 90's. The Crystal Surface has a "blasted type" finish. The two that I have are in the greenish laminate looking pot that I read are actually dymondwood. They are very heavy, mine seemed to have never been scuffed up (conditioned). They do play well the way they are especially with a Snakewood striker. I just love the Devil logo under the Crystal. The last one is the later Sceamin Demon 2 from around 2009. This call is awesome, the Pot is made from Corian. The unique thing here is you can use the back of the call and get an awesome sound from the Corian surface with your striker. It sounds great, like a 2 sider pot call. I use this call often when I carry a Pot call on windy days. It's one of the best sounding Crystal calls in my collection. If you can get you hands on one of these, you won't be disappointed. Thanks for listening, be safe.....
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

Those are awesome. Would really like to hear that corian pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 02, 2024, 09:56:12 PM
Those are awesome. Would really like to hear that corian pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a player on the Corian Dave. Over-all a great call, very versatile. Major league weather-proof too......
"Solo hunter"

hunter85

They look like nice calls. But call me superstitious, I'm not very lucky and could not take a chance of upsetting the man up stairs with a devil in my vest.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Tom007

Quote from: hunter85 on April 03, 2024, 07:40:22 AM
They look like nice calls. But call me superstitious, I'm not very lucky and could not take a chance of upsetting the man up stairs with a devil in my vest.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Good point, but some of those 4 year old Tom's have "Devilish" tendencies by not responding and going the other way. These may just have the "Mojo" to lure them in....... :fud:
"Solo hunter"

BTH

Had one of the green laminate pots back in the late 90s. Fooled several gobblers with it. Sold it because I had no idea what I had. Always thought it was a glass/glass call. Never knew it was a crystal call. That it explains why I liked it so much. Came with a green dymondwood striker. My brother ran that double glass in the brown plastic pot for years with a plexi striker.
Phil 4:13

RaspyD

Quote from: Tom007 on April 02, 2024, 08:16:35 PM
I wanted to share a few pot calls from years ago. They are from a pretty well known call company from Stevenson, VA, Perfection Turkey Calls. One is the early Glass Call in a Plastic Pot. I see these come up from time to time for sale. Nice sounding call. Then there is the Original Screamin Demon with the Green Devil Logo. These are from the early 90's. The Crystal Surface has a "blasted type" finish. The two that I have are in the greenish laminate looking pot that I read are actually dymondwood. They are very heavy, mine seemed to have never been scuffed up (conditioned). They do play well the way they are especially with a Snakewood striker. I just love the Devil logo under the Crystal. The last one is the later Sceamin Demon 2 from around 2009. This call is awesome, the Pot is made from Corian. The unique thing here is you can use the back of the call and get an awesome sound from the Corian surface with your striker. It sounds great, like a 2 sider pot call. I use this call often when I carry a Pot call on windy days. It's one of the best sounding Crystal calls in my collection. If you can get you hands on one of these, you won't be disappointed. Thanks for listening, be safe.....
Nice collection you have there Tom! There was actually a Screamin Demon in a walnut pot that preceded the green laminate pot. The Screamin Demon II in the corian pot is built to the specs of the walnut pot. The call in the brown plastic pot was a double glass call and there was a triple glass call in a green pot too. Good luck this spring!
Perfection Turkey Calls

Tom007

Quote from: RaspyD on April 03, 2024, 10:53:28 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on April 02, 2024, 08:16:35 PM
Nice collection you have there Tom! There was actually a Screamin Demon in a walnut pot that preceded the green laminate pot. The Screamin Demon II in the corian pot is built to the specs of the walnut pot. The call in the brown plastic pot was a double glass call and there was a triple glass call in a green pot too. Good luck this spring!

Thank you Tim. Yes, these calls are underrated for sure. Very easy to get quality sounds out of them. I've used the Corian pot in the rain and it never missed a beat. Be safe......thx
"Solo hunter"

paboxcall

Quote from: Tom007 on April 03, 2024, 02:39:38 PM
I've used the Corian pot in the rain and it never missed a beat. Be safe......thx
I've run my Screamin Demon 2 under the kitchen sink tap with a rare, prototype Perfection all-weather striker or an old Woods Wise Mystic Stick, it doesn't slip.

If trout yelped, bet one could call up a limit of them running it underwater.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Greg Massey

Thanks for sharing Tom... those are a great part of call history ....

Tom007

Thanks everyone for the responses....
"Solo hunter"

jmart241

Tom007

I got a surprise gift in the mail today. Tim from Perfection Calls (Raspy D) reached out to me and wanted my address. In the mail today was a beautiful Carbon Tipped Striker he made for the Screamin Demon 2 pot call. He sent it to me unsolicited, it sounds fantastic both on the Crystal and on the back of the Corian Pot. Tim's dad was a founder of Perfection Calls, Tim is still involved in the business today. I want to say "Thank You"Tim for this fine striker. It also is a player on Slate Calls too. Reach out to "Raspy D" on the forum here if your interested in Perfection Calls, you won't be disappointed. My experiences with them have been fantastic. Tim is a great person to deal with......
"Solo hunter"

runngun

Absolutely fantastic!!! I knew the other day when I saw the title of your post that he would comment. I always look forward to reading his posts. He always explains Perfection Calls to a T!!! I have several of these calls and I really like them, Screaming Demon has a really distinct sound.  Enjoy!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tom007

Quote from: runngun on April 08, 2024, 10:33:40 PM
Absolutely fantastic!!! I knew the other day when I saw the title of your post that he would comment. I always look forward to reading his posts. He always explains Perfection Calls to a T!!! I have several of these calls and I really like them, Screaming Demon has a really distinct sound.  Enjoy!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Yes, thank you! Tim is a good guy, they really are underrated calls for sure!
"Solo hunter"