OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ghost cut low end

Started by chott2, March 30, 2024, 08:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chott2

Hey guys I need some help. I can get the front end best with a ghost cut which makes me down the center air flow right? Is there a way to make the cuts to help with getting the low end? I can't seem to get much low end rasp at all. Thanks

tlewis81

try just simple slits on either left or the right side.....or honestly less stretch....or changing your mechanics....

GobbleNut

I agree...simple, but very minute, changes to the reeds (starting with the top/primary reed) can make major changes in the sounds you will get.  However, it is extremely important to make those cut changes very small to start with.  We're talking cuts or nicks in the reeds that are almost imperceptible.  You can always cut more, but you can't take a cut back once you have done it.   :icon_thumright:

Lonehowl

Oops

compton30

Could you give us a few more details about your call? It's all speculation if we don't know how much side tension or what type of latex was used and even then it's still speculation. Could be any number of things

chott2

I've just been experimenting with different calls I don't really have a set call. I was just wondering in general what are some things to try so I can compare to what I've tried so far.

tlewis81