OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ghost cut low end  (Read 305 times)

Offline chott2

Ghost cut low end
« on: March 30, 2024, 08:49:28 PM »
Hey guys I need some help. I can get the front end best with a ghost cut which makes me down the center air flow right? Is there a way to make the cuts to help with getting the low end? I can’t seem to get much low end rasp at all. Thanks

Offline tlewis81

Re: Ghost cut low end
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2024, 04:16:47 AM »
try just simple slits on either left or the right side.....or honestly less stretch....or changing your mechanics....

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 10:39:04 AM »
I agree...simple, but very minute, changes to the reeds (starting with the top/primary reed) can make major changes in the sounds you will get.  However, it is extremely important to make those cut changes very small to start with.  We're talking cuts or nicks in the reeds that are almost imperceptible.  You can always cut more, but you can't take a cut back once you have done it.   :icon_thumright:

Offline Lonehowl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 03:50:21 PM »
Oops
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 09:15:56 AM by Lonehowl »

Offline compton30

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2024, 07:03:53 PM »
Could you give us a few more details about your call? It's all speculation if we don't know how much side tension or what type of latex was used and even then it's still speculation. Could be any number of things

Offline chott2

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2024, 07:32:24 PM »
I’ve just been experimenting with different calls I don’t really have a set call. I was just wondering in general what are some things to try so I can compare to what I’ve tried so far.

Offline tlewis81

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2024, 05:19:34 AM »
how have you made out?