OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2024 Trumpet Kill Thread

Started by davisd9, March 30, 2024, 03:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greentrout

Love to see a Gwaltney original!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Zobo

Quote from: Sixes on April 17, 2024, 06:26:59 PM
Quote from: GregGwaltney on April 17, 2024, 05:51:04 PM
Quote from: Sixes on April 17, 2024, 03:11:41 PM
Got this pic from one of my cousins this morning. Good to see the guys in their mid 20s out hunting. His second trumpet bird of the season.

He captioned the text "It runs in our blood!"

I let him borrow that Greg Gwaltney and another one about 3-4 years ago to try out and learn on and he has done well with them. I do remind him sometimes who actually owns them :toothy9:
Dang man, I just had to look back and see when I made this trumpet......it was one of my early ones that is for sure(~5 1/2 years ago), pretty cool to see it helping someone kill a bird.

He wears it with pride, just like it's his....  I guess at this point it probably is..

He sent me this pic from this morning with his newborn daughter and his turkey.

He has killed several birds with your trumpets

Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's probably theirs now :wave:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

cannonball

cannonball

Second and last tag filled this morning

justin_wv

Called in this bird for a good buddy on opening day in WV with a signature series Permar.

Zobo

Zobo

Quote from: justin_wv on April 19, 2024, 08:58:51 AM
Called in this bird for a good buddy on opening day in WV with a signature series Permar.

Pretty, congrats!

runngun

This is the bird that I was blessed with yesterday!!! I have been fortunate to take a bunch of birds over my lifetime. This is the first one I have ever taken past 12 o'clock!!! Taken around 315. After some clucking on a "tongue call" and some yelps on the KP they were coming my way. Eased out the Cody slate with fighting purrs and they were in a trot, just like in the old Primos videos. He triple gobbled at 100 yards! Fellers it was awesome!!!Special thanks to a super nice guy that sent me the tongue call and old KP for bringing me the Malaysian Blackwood trumpet!!!
11 inch beard
1.25 spurs
15 pounds

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Sixes

Quick weekend trip with a buddy to his small farm produced this one.

Billy Buice Buckeye Burl (gift from my daughter a few years ago and my favorite call)

davisd9

A few I had the pleasure to chase and help others chase. Got one  more hunt in me tomorrow as maybe I will get lucky and add another. If not, been a great year!

Forgot to get a picture with the call as I was too jacked up for my oldest boy!

My first bird of the year.

Next two are an out of state double for a buddy and me.

Next two are same bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Have throughly enjoyed this thread. Keep them coming!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Terry

Pennsylvania youth season, KP trumpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverBuck

mountainhunter1

"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Old Cat

My second bird ever. 10.5" beard and 1 1/8 spurs. Man oh man, what a great hunt! The joker played tag with an arbitrary line in the sand for over an hour; I thought it just wasn't gonna happen.

I can't believe I've hunted for all these years and never knew how exciting a bird gobbling could be.