OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Carbon??

Started by napier011, March 26, 2024, 11:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

napier011

Who all can recommend a carbon soundboard call? What's the sound difference compared to other soundboards? What's your favorite calling surface paired with the carbon soundboard? And who do you recommend for a maker? Thanks for the help in advance!!!

Joneshunter

I normally use a crystal surface with a carbon soundboard. Real raspy sounds pretty dang good. That has to be the best combo. Buster halford makes an acrylic pot with crystal/carbon soundboard that I've heard is real nice. Everybody and there brother makes calls now you'll just have to read up on some and listen to videos of them see what you personally like best.

Upfold99

I have a Buster clear acrylic crystal over carbon. It is very raspy and sharp. It sounds very good to my ear. I have alot of nice pots but that one is currently in my vest.  I don't have it there for soft close stuff, but its definitely a striking call for me. I use it when I want to be loud.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

OsceolaDreams

Buster makes a few different pots with Carbon sound board, the Acrylic Crystal is hard to beat

Boykin Hollow

Lon Trice of Lonzo's Custom Calls in Bronwood, Ga is one of the best out there.  There are others I am sure but my preference is Lonzo.  contact him at 229.317.0045

mullet dredge

Cant go wrong with either a Lonzo or Buster...both of their acrylic crystal over carbon pots flat out rip.

3bailey3

Wvgobbler