OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Spiritual and Material

Started by misfire, March 20, 2024, 08:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God.
Philippians 4:18

When ending a conversation with a friend who is in the midst of a difficult situation, we often say, "I'll be praying for you." And that's good; we should pray for those who are experiencing a season of difficulty. But often a time of trouble disrupts life's normal routines, like grocery shopping, preparing meals, mowing the lawn, and taking children to school, not to mention possible financial pressures from missed work. So there is more we can do in addition to praying. Instead of asking, "How can I help?" we can take care of obvious needs that need to be met.

Recommended Reading:
Romans 15:25-27
When the apostle Paul was under house arrest in Rome, the Philippian church sent material provisions to him. And they had done so before, multiple times, when he was in need in Thessalonica (Philippians 4:15-16). We don't know exactly what they sent—food, clothing, or funds—but whatever it was, it reminded Paul that God is always able to meet our needs, often through fellow believers (Philippians 4:19).

When possible, tend to the material and physical needs, as well as the spiritual needs, of those going through a difficult time.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net