OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Problems and situations

Started by Gooserbat, March 15, 2024, 01:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Recently I saw on FB a meme that said something about one of the biggest things wrong with society today is we have situations that we believe are really problems.  Now something resonated with me about this and I begin to study the difference between a situation and a problem.  One thing I found is a situation is something we ourselves can change or fix... A flat tire, lawn mower is out of gas, refill our ice tea... Now a problem is something beyond our control, like cancer and train wrecks.

Not to be without hope I'm a man who believes in and practices prayer.  I wasn't satisfied with my definition of situations and problems so I begin to pray about it and as elementary as it sounds I was impressed to look up both words in my Bible.  The word situation is found two times in the scripture and only once in reference to God. Psalms 48:2 KJV speaks of God as, Beautiful for situation.   

The word problem... It's not there.  The Bible speaks of itself as the word of God, and I realized that God doesn't have the word problem in his vocabulary.   Our problems are his situations and his situations are something he can change. 

Have a great day.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

eggshell

The wisdom of Gooserbat, well said sir.
Romans 8 tells us God works all things for good....
I take that to mean nothing is unchangeable to him. I have found that everything is a situation or circumstance, if you want another word. The problem is we want God to remove the situation/circumstance, but he usually doesn't work that way. He takes us through the trial not around it, that way we become stronger. In the end nothing jeopardizes our soul through Jesus Christ. This life is always fleeting, find joy in all we do.

misfire

Very insightful, thanks brother.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net