OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Do they make 10 gauge number 6 Factory loads Anymore?

Started by Tom007, March 13, 2024, 11:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

As the title says, does anyone see factory number 6 in 10 gauge? It seems to have disappeared? Thoughts welcome....
"Solo hunter"

krm944

Tom007

Quote from: krm944 on March 13, 2024, 11:51:13 AM
I did a search on ammoseek.com

No results for 6 shot

Thx. Federal used to make the Mag-Shot load in #6. Seems to be discontinued.....
"Solo hunter"

krm944

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

WildTigerTrout

Tom, to my knowledge no major ammo company loads 10 ga. shotshells in #6 shot.  All have been discontinued to include Federal and Winchester.  Darn shame IMO.  I really like the old Federal "Premium" 2 1/4 oz. and Winchester "Supreme" HV 2 oz. loads.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Tom007

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on March 14, 2024, 01:22:38 AM
Tom, to my knowledge no major ammo company loads 10 ga. shotshells in #6 shot.  All have been discontinued to include Federal and Winchester.  Darn shame IMO.  I really like the old Federal "Premium" 2 1/4 oz. and Winchester "Supreme" HV 2 oz. loads.

Yes sir. Those Federals in the white/gold box (and yes the box was 25) were great shells. I wish there was a site that sold this older ammo, it was great. Seems like eventually, 10 gauges may have to load their own....
"Solo hunter"

deadbuck

I have a full box of Federal Premium Grand Slam in 6 shot. It is a blue/gold colored box. Price sticker on box is $14.99 if I recall correctly, so they must be fairly old. Came with an SP10 I bought.

Tom007

Quote from: deadbuck on March 14, 2024, 09:56:59 AM
I have a full box of Federal Premium Grand Slam in 6 shot. It is a blue/gold colored box. Price sticker on box is $14.99 if I recall correctly, so they must be fairly old. Came with an SP10 I bought.

Great shell there.........
"Solo hunter"

Old Gobbler

I would keep checking gunbroker, I've scored all kinds of literal gold there over the years  ..the only problem with GB is that so much 12 ga ammo is mixed up into it ,it takes forever to sift through it

There is always #4 and sometimes #5
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Tom007

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 14, 2024, 09:21:19 PM
I would keep checking gunbroker, I've scored all kinds of literal gold there over the years  ..the only problem with GB is that so much 12 ga ammo is mixed up into it ,it takes forever to sift through it

There is always #4 and sometimes #5

Thanks Shannon. I have and will continue to search that. It turns up once and awhile.....appreciate the info...
"Solo hunter"

Brs2427

Nitro will load any size shot you want in just a regular copper plated lead load