turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester out of the 10 gauge game

Started by Rockhound, March 12, 2024, 06:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

For what it's worth, If you like 10 gauge ammo from winchester you better stock up. Our rep told us yesterday, that winchester will not be producing anymore 10 gauge ammo.

mcw3734

Thanks for letting us know, even if it was bad news.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

RED NECK

That sucks, they are doing everything they can to kill this awesome gauge, time to load tss in it....
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

deadbuck

Are they stopping the production of waterfowl ammo also in 10 Ga?

Rockhound

Yes they aren't going to produce any 10 gauge at all

Yoder409

Winchester has FUNCTIONALLY been out of the 10 gauge game since they discontinued the Supreme HV 2 oz. #6 lead shell.

Lousy news that is the FINAL nail in the coffin.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Old Gobbler

Federal is still in the game , I believe remington too

I would stock up on anything you can get , that includes reloading components
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 06, 2024, 08:12:04 PM
Winchester has FUNCTIONALLY been out of the 10 gauge game since they discontinued the Supreme HV 2 oz. #6 lead shell.

I agree 100%.  Sad news indeed, those Supreme 6's in my BPS are just AWESOME!  I have four boxes in my stash so at my age will not need to find anymore. Glad I got them.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Yoder409

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on April 08, 2024, 10:51:18 AM
Quote from: Yoder409 on April 06, 2024, 08:12:04 PM

I agree 100%.  Sad news indeed, those Supreme 6's in my BPS are just AWESOME!  I have four boxes in my stash so at my age will not need to find anymore. Glad I got them.

I may have one #6 round left.

My BPS was shortened to 23.5" about 30 years ago and it wears a Comp-N-Choke XXX-Full tube.  It shoots the same SIZE pattern with the old Supremes in both 5's and 6's.  So, the density of 6's was higher and that's what I used religiously when the BPS was my #1 gun.   Killed a pickup load of turkeys with that gun.  Now, it pretty much just sits.

I think I do still have a (very) few Supreme 5's for it.

Federals shot OK through it.   Every Remington load I ever tried was relegated to crow shooting duty as they weren't good enough for anything else.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Old Gobbler

some Winchester #5 's on gunbroker yesterday
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Yoder409

Quote from: Old Gobbler on April 08, 2024, 07:15:13 PM
some Winchester #5 's on gunbroker yesterday

Appreciate it !!!

But my BPS got retired from the turkey woods about 20 years ago.  I keep it around solely because of what it does with old skool Winchester XX 2 1/4 ounce copper-plated #2 lead.   Coyotes......or basically anything else........do not stand a chance in front of it.   Probably should be outlawed.
PA elitist since 1979

Tom007

My local sport had some Winchester XX#5 10 gauge in stock. I picked some up.........patterns real nice........
"Solo hunter"

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: RED NECK on March 15, 2024, 03:19:15 PM
That sucks, they are doing everything they can to kill this awesome gauge, time to load tss in it....
For when they hang up at 100? Lol man I'm still using 20G #5's I couldn't imagine a 10G TSS load and what it would do.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

RED NECK

I don't shoot past 11 yards....I still shoot 5's from some 20's as well, but my limit on those shells would be a barrel length, maybe 2....depends on how long his beard was and how sharp dem hooks look, and only If I had used every call in my arsenal to get him to spit,drum, fan....even after seeing his 3/4" spurs at 210 yards as he strutted through the thickest slash you ever did see......imagine what a slob you would have to be to shoot a longbeard somebody else had to call in for you?.......

I am glad my 10 shoots the Grand slams in #5 better than the Winchesters........the 10 is being put to bed slowly, but surely.....
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........