OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Single Shot 28 gauge on the market!! (initial review)

Started by krm944, March 09, 2024, 09:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krm944

ATI has released the Nomad, a single shot 28 gauge with 23" bbl, XF choke, camo stock and picatinny mount.

I just ordered one and took possession of it last night. My little boy and I took it out to shoot some skeet just to shoot it. I ran one box of Federal 7 1/2s through it.

- the trigger is HORRIBLE! About 13#
- the hammer is SUPER stiff.
- I found a how to video for trigger job.
- It was $112 plus shipping/FFL
- comes with a modified and XF choke
- XF choke is about .520
- it was fun to shoot

First, gun was the price of a premium choke, so expectations have to be set. ????

I am initially very pleased with the gun. We broke clays with it, but the trigger is extremely stiff. After watching a video I'm extremely optimistic trigger improvement is possible. This weekend I will put the gun on the patterning board, but other owners report amazing results with some TSS 9s with the stock choke. The gun shoulders and points well, it could be a great rabbit gun off season. The ergonomics of the hand grip with relation to the trigger amplifies the stiff trigger. The gun comes with sling swivels attached, not QD studs. I like to remove the sling after getting set up and I begin calling. I am planning on hand loading 1 ounce, 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 TSS 9s. I have no doubt an Indian Creek choke would be the cats meow for this. I have other guns and for now I want to see what this gun does stock with the available loads I have. I may possibly source a factory takeoff choke from the  SA28/Viper G2 down the road.

I would fully recommend this gun with a huge caveat that the trigger/hammer sucks. I don't think a 7 or 8 year old youth can cock/pull the trigger out of the box. Again, expectation management for a $112 gun!! I am willing to tinker with the trigger to get it manageable (7 pounds?)

28 gauge Hunter

You a lucky man,, I been trying to find one a couple weeks and everywhere is OOS . I have that gun in 410 and 20 and if it shoots anything like the 20 it will be deadly , my 20 is by far the best gun I own for turkeys . It throws a Crazy tight pattern at 40, like 415 in 10" . If you find another please let me know or even where you got that one . There's a couple on GB for like $170 and $45 shipping but then I'd have to pay my dealer another $60 transfer fee , I just can't make myself pay $270 for one as bad as I want one .

krm944

To find one available use wikiarms or gundeals.net they are crawlers that search inventory. The sku to search is G28NMD23C

Last week they were in stock EVERYWHERE, but seem to be OOS.