turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3” 28ga coming?

Started by RiverRoost, March 06, 2024, 11:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Will there be any 3" 28 gauge loads and guns produced in the future?

28 gauge Hunter

I am sure some loads will come out,, but they been making guns 3" for a while now.

BrowningGuy88

Several 3" 28 gauge guns on the market.

There are already 3" hulls to be purchased. I'm sure someone will be selling them as factory loads at some point.

I don't see the point. You can easily shoot 1.5 ounces of TSS, 1 ounce of lead, or 7/8 ounce of bismuth in the 2 3/4" 28 gauge.

If you want or need more than that, buy a 20 gauge.

Greg Massey

28 gauge is built around the 2 3/4 shells ... loads ... TSS / pheasant loads...IMO

RiverRoost

I'm just curious, I have an 870 20 now but looking hard at the SA28 and just curious if I buy now if a 3" model will be produced and more popular

28 gauge Hunter

I have a nice over and under that's 3" but I have never shot a 3" out of it, just picked up a SA -28 and with the right 2 3/4 it's deadly at 40 yards . I put around 340-375 pellets in 10" at 40 yards and it don't weight anything

Teamblue

I think the hevi-18 28 gauge loads are 3".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

ATI Scout 28 is already being made as a 3 in gun and i have the gun and a few boxes of 3 in 1 oz ... lead

krm944

The Hatfield SAS 28 is a 3" semi auto. Walmart stocks it.

ATI is now importing a single shot called the Nomad. It's got a 3" chamber, has a camo stock, vent rib and they include a saddle mount for a red dot. It's supposed to come with 2 chokes (Mobil thread).
I bought one for $110 plus shipping/FFL. I pick it up today.

The 3" chamber on the 28 gauge is not necessarily for the longer hull. The 3" chamber is built for higher chamber pressures which allows a bit more ceiling when hand loading the 2 3/4" shells. 1 5/8 ounce TSS  fits in a 2 3/4 shell.

zelmo1

My SBE3 is 3". Boss bismuth comes in 3", great waterfowl loads. I agree that 1.25-1.5 ounce loads 0f #9 TSS are more than enough to kill turkeys. My gun liked all the premium chokes and my reloads and Salt Creek TSS. I am torn between 4 chokes, Patternmaster/IC/Jebs/Kicks. I will probably settle on the IC because thats what are in my other guns. But they all shoot great. Z

old3toe

Fiocchi has been making 3" 28ga lead loads for quite a while now. Also winchester has started making a copperplated lead pheasant load thats 3" 1 1/8oz. I think the fiocchi is 1 1/16oz. I'm glad to see the new offerings from so many different manufacturers as far as the 28ga guns and loads go. I know there's some 3" tss and hevi 18 loads available too. Keep em coming is all I can say! Maybe it'll drive the price of factory ammo down a little.