turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tristar or Mossberg 28?

Started by RiverRoost, February 29, 2024, 11:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

I'm looking to possibly get a 28 and curious on which gun y'all would go with, the tristar G2 or the moss SA-28? My brother had the tristar in 20 and it's a cool gun for the money but hear a lot about the mossberg.

28 gauge Hunter

I own both and they both great,, but if I had to sell one and keep the other , I'd sell the Tristar and keep the SA-28

RiverRoost

Thanks for the reply. Any particular reason? The 28 is very interesting, seems to be just as lethal as the 20 and same yardage, correct?

28 gauge Hunter

To be honest I think the Mossberg is lighter and it shoots great. Hadn't even put a turkey choke in the Tri Star but it's a great feeling gun as well, I just use it for Dove hunting it's too pretty for me to get dipped , real pretty wood and Bronze receiver makes for a good looking combo .

runngun

Quote from: RiverRoost on March 01, 2024, 08:24:45 AM
Thanks for the reply. Any particular reason? The 28 is very interesting, seems to be just as lethal as the 20 and same yardage, correct?
Absolutely!!! The 28 will kill just as far and as fast as a 20. I have both of them and I like them both.  If I was getting a new one I would have to go with Mossberg.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Ranman

I have the Mossberg SA 28 turkey, and it is just as deadly as any of my 20 ga guns. The 28 ga 2 3/4 hull can be loaded with 1 5/8 oz of tss.. same as a 20 ga load. I have been hand loading and have settled on a 1.5 oz load. It puts around 250 pellets in 10" at 40yrds.. with a good even 20" pattern.

Needless to say, it has moved to my number one turkey gun.

RiverRoost

Thanks. I held someone's mossberg as the other day and it's awesome, that's the one I'm going with.