turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Yelp & Gobble Inc.

Started by EastKyGobblerSlayer, February 21, 2024, 10:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EastKyGobblerSlayer

A forum member and friend has recently completed a project that I was blessed to be a very small part of. He hasn't posted here because he's a modest and humble fella who I would trust with the location of a roosted bird on the last day! The stories contained in his book are no mere fabrication of his mind but told to him directly from the parties responsible for Knight & Hale, Primos, and Quaker Boy, as well as two important figures named Mike Battey and Anthony Foster.
He took a great deal of time to compile the data by driving across the country to multiple legends of the Turkey world to complete the project. He also spent countless hours and phone calls speaking with those legends and even passionate hillbilly fellas like me. I collect Primos calls because like many of you reading this I started to really learn what the turkey woods were from watching Primos. I'm just as obsessed with this as I am the drumming noise that I can't seem to locate in my dreams. The off season is long and I truly stay connected to turkey hunting by searching for calls and variants between. If you'd like a copy pm me for his info and I'll pass it on unless he decides to come out of the shadows and comment below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleGitr

Thanks buddy-appreciate you sharing that with folks

Notsoyoungturk

Is it possible to get a signed copy?
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

GobbleGitr

Yoder409

This book is a GREAT read, folks !!!!

WELL worth the very modest asking price.    :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

EZ

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 04, 2024, 12:55:36 PM
This book is a GREAT read, folks !!!!

WELL worth the very modest asking price.    :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

I totally agree. Brings back a lot of memories with some great history.

WV Ridge Reaper

I got mine,very nice book..I just gotta find time to sit down and read it

Thank you to everyone that made this book happen!!!

Gobbler-one

My so gifted me an inscribed copy for my library and got one for himself. I've browsed through it, and I'm looking forward to sitting down and reading it.

davisd9

Mr. Brent Rogers is a fine of a fellow as I guy can meet. I have greatly enjoyed hearing him on a couple podcasts. I had the pleasure of meeting him at Unicoi. As the OP stated, a finer gentleman would be hard to find!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

jb1069

I would a signed copy. Please Pm me or let me know how to go about getting one. Thank you

Lcmacd 58

I just got my book a couple days ago. Anyone that wants background on the turkey industry must look into this book. I have gotten through the beginning but I have glanced through the whole book. Its phenomenal and I suggest it for every turkey hunter ....young or old.  I am actually old enough to remember alot of the time lines.  I read on it every morning.  I can't say enough good about it so far.

GobbleGitr

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on March 23, 2024, 11:15:42 PM
I just got my book a couple days ago. Anyone that wants background on the turkey industry must look into this book. I have gotten through the beginning but I have glanced through the whole book. Its phenomenal and I suggest it for every turkey hunter ....young or old.  I am actually old enough to remember alot of the time lines.  I read on it every morning.  I can't say enough good about it so far.
I am very pleased with this feedback for the book! It was a lot of work, but a project of passion and I very much enjoyed the time I got with all those I interviewed. I strove to capture some of the golden age of turkey hunting that many of us recall

runngun

Brent, I have your book and it is fantastic!!! Top quality on the book very well put together. I was so excited about getting this one. The interviews are fantastic and a lot of work was done on it. I really hope there's more to follow!!
If you are on the fence about getting this one, GRAB IT!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

GobbleGitr

Quote from: runngun on March 25, 2024, 10:56:25 PM
Brent, I have your book and it is fantastic!!! Top quality on the book very well put together. I was so excited about getting this one. The interviews are fantastic and a lot of work was done on it. I really hope there's more to follow!!
If you are on the fence about getting this one, GRAB IT!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Appreciate that-so glad folks are enjoying it. As much work as it was, I admit it was an absolute joy to do it.

Bill

Picked up this book a few weeks ago. Very readable, informative and well researched covering a topic only lightly addressed in other books.

Especially enjoyed learning more about the personalities involved and how -what were niche enterprises before turkeys and turkey hunting became mainstream- evolved into successful mass merchandising efforts.

Definitely a recommended read for any turkey call enthusiast.