OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Copper pot scratch material

Started by Brillo, February 20, 2024, 06:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brillo

I have a copper pot but lost the scratch pad that came with it.  Can't remember what it was except that it was not the green pad used on many other materials.  What should I use?

M,Yingling

can be green pad or maroon pad little more course grit   or if needed 400 grit paper got go lite
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

runngun

I have used green/red and gray. Believe that scotchguard makes it. A small piece of sheet rock screen or course sandpaper. Then I use the scrub pad. I KEEP WANTING TO SAY BRILLO PAD!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Brillo

Quote from: runngun on February 20, 2024, 09:21:02 AM
I KEEP WANTING TO SAY BRILLO PAD!!!

O0  This was me 50 years ago!  Not so much anymore.

runngun

AWESOME my Brother!!!

Actually I believe ones I use are "Scotchbrite"

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

mountainhunter1

I generally live and die with the red scotch brite pad. But on Mike Yingling's pot, I use the 400 sandpaper to really make it scream. I just barely hit the surface with the 400 with zero pressure and it does the magic. Once again - Be careful if you use the 400, just barely hit the surface with it with only a pass or two and you won't mess anything up.

I would encourage everyone to get a copper from either Mr. Mike or Mr. Lee (Misfire) if you do not have one. There are others who build a great copper as well, but those are just two really good guys. 
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Greg Massey

NO sandpaper needed, just use a scotoh brite pad... IMO

capecodmike

I've always used supermarket scotch brite pads (green) on my copper pot and striker.

It's always worked for me.

Good luck.

Joneshunter

I'd use sandpaper for some real grit. Probably cut right through that copper to condition