OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Halloran Hen

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, February 12, 2024, 09:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowbird87

But his pots are CNC calls nothing wrong with that at all. That's why I say he makes an excellent mass produced call.

870BkWht

I was under the impression that he turned all of his calls on a regular lathe. I guess I was wrong

Dr Juice

I have a few of his calls and they are well made regardless how they are produced. Hence, if they sound good, which they do, I will have them in my turkey killing arsenal.

tracker#1

Dave lives 30 minutes south of me. I can tell you I have a couple of his pots and strikers and I never leave the house without his Crystal Mistress in my vest... it has killed a lot of boss gobblers. Mass-produced or hand-turned doesn't matter to me, it kills birds...isn't that why we play the game?

Bringintheh2o

Got my Halloran Hen today. I definitely think it lives up to the hype. It will be hunted.

7shooter

Quote from: mattbrooks on February 15, 2024, 01:51:55 PM
I ordered me one to hunt with and my oldest son graduates high school this year so I ordered him one engraved for graduation.
unbelievable, my son graduates this year as well and I ordered and had one engraved for him too, they are sweet sounding calls

Osceola352

Manager8

25th anniversary Halloran Hen is a runner

Wvgobbler

I've got the Halloran Hen and I think it's a phenomenal sounding call!!! I've been running it with David's older Dymondwood striker and it's a smoker. I've got several of his older pots and this one is right there with them in my honest opinion.

Meyerkbw

How does the Halloran hen compare to the older crystal mistress? If you could only have one, which would it be?

bowbird87

Quote from: Meyerkbw on March 11, 2024, 08:20:50 PM
How does the Halloran hen compare to the older crystal mistress? If you could only have one, which would it be?

The older CM is better to me maybe not everyone. The stamped CM pots are some of the best sounding calls made.