OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Halloran Hen

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, February 12, 2024, 09:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

Shes a runner and a halloran..I expect nothing less coming out of that shop..Runs great for me with a little heavier weight striker..better get cash out you Nashville junkies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron7155

Just got myn in the mail today aswell man it's a sweet sounding call!

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Greg Massey

Good sounding pot ... Congrats to him on 25 years

Tnandy

Appreciate everyone sharing the info!!! She's a looker and I figured it sounded great

runngun

Sounds great. I like his calls.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

mattbrooks

I ordered me one to hunt with and my oldest son graduates high school this year so I ordered him one engraved for graduation.

Jakeman

bowbird87

I ran one in Nashville and wasn't overly impressed personally (I had all intentions of buying). I was also turned off when they were unwrapping stacks of 10 calls and tossing them on the table. Felt like I was at the woodhaven booth lol

Bowhuntr73

I always collect his calls but you are sure right about a mass produced cold feeling, keep grounded.

870BkWht

I'm not sure why alot of people hate on David. I don't know him personally but I follow him on Facebook / Instagram and it's easy to see he turns / builds calls just about all year.  Yes it's true that he doesn't offer as much as a custom call with options as other makers but I've always felt like he determines what sounds good to him or what he's had success with in the past and goes with those models. Honestly we'd all probably be the same if we sold as many calls as he does. Think of it as his way to streamline his orders.  His clamshell packaging is no different than Hanks custom calls or some other call makers but that doesn't mean that any of them are "mass produced".  Remember back in 2010 when David won the DD Adam's award and the crystal mistress was all the rage,  everyone loved him and his calls.  The only thing that's changed he's put out different versions of calls and his orders have no doubt increased.  To each their own but I think he's still a good call maker and I have no problem giving him my money for new crystal pot because his crystal surfaced pot calls have "that" sound I'm always looking for. 

That being said,  I'm buying a Halloran Hen

bowbird87

Who hated on David? I've had many conversations with David and purchased multiple calls face to face At shows. He is a great guy and I'd love to see him sell millions of calls. Does that change the fact that the halloran hen wasn't for me...no. Does it change the fact that David makes a great mass produced call....no. So enjoy your halloran hen and don't get your panties in a wad over someone's opinion.

rbreedi1

I ran one at NWTF and bought it.. Sounded awesome to me! Will be running it this spring.
Thunder Ridge Totes

Greg Massey

I own a few of his calls, Walnut Wenge Laminated pot slate with yellowheart striker , Purpleheart , Cherry laminate ceramic and IPE Black Limba long box ... all of these calls sound really good ... I got these through the years from him NWTF etc...  David in my opinion has always tried to make good sounding calls with affordable prices  ...

870BkWht

Quote from: bowbird87 on February 27, 2024, 06:18:55 AM
Who hated on David? I've had many conversations with David and purchased multiple calls face to face At shows. He is a great guy and I'd love to see him sell millions of calls. Does that change the fact that the halloran hen wasn't for me...no. Does it change the fact that David makes a great mass produced call....no. So enjoy your halloran hen and don't get your panties in a wad over someone's opinion.

Maybe hate was inaccurate on my part.  I just don't think it's fair to brand him as mass produced since he turns his calls by hand rather than say Woodhaven who has their calls CNC produced.  That's my definition of a mass produced call.