OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recommend a Good Longbox?

Started by BDeal, February 12, 2024, 08:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 12, 2024, 05:14:02 PM
Don Watkins
Ernie Staunter
Raulph "Snozz" Snoddgrass
Russel Beard

Sorry, that was to read Ernie Fetters, not Staunter. Staunter played for the Steelers back in the 50's and 60's
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TJR

Billie Bush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarheel

Jwall

Im following because I was researching some long boxes today. I thought about David Holloran but Jeff McKamey is about 45 minutes from where I live.

bowbird87

Marlin Watkins
Scott Witter
Jeff McKamey

Mathews.1

Quote from: bowbird87 on February 18, 2024, 08:40:06 PM
Marlin Watkins
Scott Witter
Jeff McKamey
Glad to Scott Witter mentioned as well as all the other call makers. Scott goes by culpepper on here and makes an awesome box.

Tom007

If you want to save a few bucks, Primos Battleship is a killer long box, especially on windy days. Sometimes you can find a good used one at a fair price, they are getting scarce now though.....
"Solo hunter"

Beards and Hooks

All good responses, wanted to add Larry Stephens makes a great one as well.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

merriamsman

I have a bunch of longboxes from most of the top call makers and they are all very good. I just received my first Mann Made longbox from Steve Mann in walnut with a cedar lid. It looks great, runs real easy, and sounds fantastic. I must say it's probably going to be my favorite. I haven't hunted with it yet but my initial impression is that it's going to be lethal.

RiverBuck

Not mine but I saw a MVC Ironwood over butternut on the FB Turkey Hunting Calls page for sale.. The sound file they posted is solid.

Wvgobbler

SS custom calls makes one of the best paddle calls I've ever ran!! Very easy to run and they sound phenomenal!!! I never go to the woods without mine.

Alabama556

I just got one in the mail today from Steve Mann and it is one of the best I have ever seen.

mauser06

Just got one made by Ed Terefenko and like my one sider he made. It plays easy and oozes turkey. You could give a kid his boxes and let them have at it abd turkey sounds are going to come out of it.

Jfowler82

I picked up a long box from Mr Marlin Watkins in Nashville and i swear there are feathers flying out of the sound chamber when I play it ! It's a hop hornbeam over a beautiful piece of mineral poplar! I'd post a picture but haven't quite figured how yet !