OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need advice on optic

Started by Swampfoxforeman, February 10, 2024, 08:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampfoxforeman

Well I bought my 2nd 28ga this one is a Mossberg SA-28 tactical turkey. Now I need to figure out what red dot to put on. I have vortex venoms, and Truglo gobbler stopper on other turkey guns. I'm considering putting one of these on it or a Holosun, but hesitant about spending the cash for the Holosun. Thoughts please

Candyman

I love my Vortex Venom on my encore. I would get another one.

Tom007

Little more dollars, but I put a FF4 Burris on my SBE last season. Larger screen, circle-dot option, very adjustable dot selections. I love it.........
"Solo hunter"

SA410Turkey

I have two Mossberg SA-28's and both of them wear Holosun 407C x2's. I really like the optic and field of view that it has. Plus it has the solar panel which is a nice option. You won't be sorry with that choice.

Swampfoxforeman

Quote from: SA410Turkey on February 11, 2024, 09:47:50 PM
I have two Mossberg SA-28's and both of them wear Holosun 407C x2's. I really like the optic and field of view that it has. Plus it has the solar panel which is a nice option. You won't be sorry with that choice.

I've been looking at the Holosun 510c it's just hard to bring myself to spend that much cash for it.

Tomtom97

Quote from: Candyman on February 10, 2024, 10:25:44 PM
I love my Vortex Venom on my encore. I would get another one.
Agreed here, great warranty and like the option of a 3 MOA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PalmettoRon

Have gone from 2 beads to simple TruGlo sights to now a true optic. I have a Vortex venom and Holosun 510c green dot. Getting old has its challenges.

I think it's worth the extra money to go with the Holosun. I kept looking and eventually got mine from Palmetto State Armory for $50 off the standard price.

I like the circle dot reticle feature and there's a good bit of research that says the eye picks up green better than red. Both will get the job done, but I much prefer the Holosun 510c over the Vortex Venom.

Swampfoxforeman

I think I'll go with the Holosun 507. I like the shake awake and the dot with circle.