OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Grand Nationals & all the others

Started by Tribute Custom Calls, February 09, 2024, 11:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tribute Custom Calls

With all the call maker contests going on around the country last month and coming up, I'm really surprised this topic isn't seeing more posts. From a call maker perspective I wish they were a little more spread out. But it's more my fault than anything because I don't make more calls during my off season. Mostly because the older I get there is no off season unfortunately. I am going to Nashville for the first time in over 15 years, so with any luck, perhaps I might see a few of you fellas there.
Share the knowledge and introduce somebody to the Outdoors

Meleagris gallopavo

Good luck at Nationals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

turkey stew

Good luck at nationals. I wish I could go.

Tribute Custom Calls

I appreciate the good wishes. One thing I do wish would happen, is that these call making contests were a little more spread out, for a couple of reasons. First being that with most of these competitions happening in about a 6 week time frame from each other and most entries being sold online, it saturates the market. Great for the collector and guys looking for a custom call, but not so great for the entity putting it on when it's a fund raiser type event, which most of them are. The other reason from a call makers perspective, that's a lot of calls to make when most of us have to still work for a living and have other seasonal commitments during the course of the year. I really enjoy the call making hobby and do tend to procrastinate more than I should, but I really wish the promoters would spread it out a little.
Share the knowledge and introduce somebody to the Outdoors