OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Few more weeks

Started by Old Gobbler, January 27, 2024, 08:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Hey guys just to let you know , I am  a few weeks out on making push pins calls , I have a good stockpile of Macassar Ebony  it is some drop dead gorgeous stuff , and makes a utterly deadly sounding call , I never leave for the turkey woods without one , there will be a slight price increase over last last year to offset materials and the astronomical inflationary issues we are facing,  I don't dont like any better than the rest of you

The whole thing with the first come first serve  has helped me  tremendously dodge the call flippers (resellers) , ...but it's been a  huge problem for folks with poor internet connectivity...so I have another plan

I am tied up with pintail call production at the moment ,  if anyone wants a pintail and I forgot to get back with you please remind me again because these will be the last of them till September

Macassar is the call in the front of the pic

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

colinmaidens

That wood makes for a beautiful call for sure.  Still just January but it makes me excited for Spring already ! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ctate94

Some of best craftsmanship and turkey talking call. Love mine. Looking forward to see what comes this year.

ditchdigger

Would love to have one. Anticipating your new plan. Thanks!!

spurs2bgobblin

Hopefully get. Chance to take one of those beauties to the woods this year! Awesome work Shannon.

"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

caneman

Looking forward to it. Hoping that I can get one.

Tyoung

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

highball

Been trying to get one for 5 years,no luck yet

Lcmacd 58

Zobo

That maccasar call is a thing of beauty, awesome craftsmanship, wow!!!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Gobbler428

Look forward to trying again. Thanks for the update

capecodmike

All products like this should be field tested before being put on the market.

It just so happens I will be available in GA beginning 4/3 until 4/7.  I would be willing to donate my time in exchange for keeping the said test product.

At the end of the test period I would write a full unbiased report.

Just hit me up.    :OGturkeyhead:

spurs2bgobblin

Quote from: capecodmike on January 29, 2024, 12:31:38 PM

It just so happens I will be available in GA beginning 4/3 until 4/7.  I would be willing to donate my time in exchange for keeping the said test product.

Best reply yet!

"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

Paulmyr

Quote from: spurs2bgobblin on January 29, 2024, 12:33:54 PM
Quote from: capecodmike on January 29, 2024, 12:31:38 PM

Best reply yet!

It was a decent effort but........ I have a feeling shanon's calls are well past the marketing/field trial stage.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Meleagris gallopavo

I really like the Mac Ebony with snakewood running a close second.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.